Bastard Gargoyles..

"Aha!" Caleb exclaimed as he found a voodoo doll. Yes! These were really useful against the gargoyles!

He put it away. Better not waste it on the cultists.

He blasted a green one's head off, and fired a flare at a zombie. Zombie caught fire, he stamped it out.

Someone ran a claw down his back.

He turned around, and saw that a gargoyle was in the room. How he had not noticed it before, he doesn't know. Biut either way, he filled the thing full of lead.

He left the room and went to the next one. This time, there were those walking fish guys. There's no water nearby, why are they here?

"Strangers in the night.. exchanging glances.." He sung out loud.

But more importantly: where's Niffty? Caleb felt like she would have been back by now. So either she couldn't find him, hadn't gotten there yet, or she was captured. He was really hoping it wasn't the third one.

Even though he hadn't known these people for long, he felt close to them. He didn't want harm to come to them.

But he did want harm to come to these hellhounds! God damn it, he hadn't found a tesla cannon yet!

Why did Charlie have to take his guns...

They had tied up Niffty.

"Niffty, were you trying to save us?" Vaggie asked. Niffty shook her head.

"I wasn't at the moment, no. I needed to tell Caleb where you were." She replied. Charlie's eyes widened.

"You know where Caleb is?!" She yelled.

"Uh, Yeah. He's in the hotel, fighting cultists."

He.. he came back? Caleb came back to save them? He didn't hate Charlie..

He cared! He cared enough to come back and try to save them!

But.. how were they going to get out of this if Caleb failed? Would the cultists just kill them? Would they leave? Nope! Have confidence! Caleb can do it!

Caleb didn't feel like he could do it.

He had run out of ammo, so he was currently pitch-forking a copy of Cheogh. If he crouched, Cheogh couldn't attack him, so he just poked it occasionally.

Eventually, he got the final hit. Cheogh crumbled.

Caleb looked around for any ammo. He found a box of shells, and that was it.

He loaded his shotgun, and kicked open the door to the next stairway, blasting the blue cultist in the face.

"It's all in the reflexes..."

He stole his tesla cannon and all the ammo.

He walked up the steps to the fifth floor.