Short Stories 3.

A setter's worth

Hanamaki always talked about wanting a rather quiet setter. Sure he loves Oikawa a lot but he was rather loud and Hanamaki wouldn't mind a little quiet time here and there.
But he is pretty sure that he is regretting that wish now. Akaashi is a great setter but he isn't Oikawa. The younger one is quiet and throws in blunt comments from time to time. Almost like the opposite of Oikawa. He was sure he wouldn't miss Oikawa's constant whining and talking but even though it's just a practice match. It feels completely wrong and empty without him.

"Makki everything okay?" Hanamaki was pulled out of his thoughts by Matsukawa. The middle blocker seemed to have seen his friend acting differently.

"Mattsun the next time I complain about having Oikawa as a setter please slap me." The third-year laughed loudly at his friend's request. It caught the attention of their teammates who seemed curious about what all the noise was about.

"Can't you wait until the break to die of laughter Matsukawa?" came from Iwaizumi. The rest seemed to agree with him.

"It's just that Makki said something funny"

"Then share with us that funny thing"

"He said that I should slap him if he ever complains about Oikawa as our setter" that comment seemed to have caught Akaashi's attention.

"I'm sorry if I did anything wrong" came from the Fukurodani player.

"No no no it's not your fault. You're a great setter it's just that it's different playing with you than with Oikawa that's all. So it's my problem" Hanamaki assured the young setter.
Akaashi nodded at that but still seemed to want to talk about the situation. Before he could comment something a loud shout came from the other side of the gym.

"FOR THE LAST TIME STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW PRETTY AKAASHI IS I GOT IT" Shirabu seemed to have a hard time dealing with Bokuto. Akaashi facepalmed and made his way quickly to where Fukurdani was playing against Karasuno before the situation could escalate.

Karasuno seemed slightly displeased with Koganegawa as the setter. The first year and Hinata seem to be screaming at each other to find out who can be louder.

"Well seems like everyone else is also having a hard time right now," said Kunimi as Seijoh was looking around to what the other teams were up to. Sure enough, it was complete chaos. You could see Kageyama's frustration because none of the Nekoma players were fast and could jump like Hinata.

"Why should I try the quick with you if you can't even receive Lev?"

"Hey! I don't need that anyway I can block and spike just fine."

"No you can't I'm pinpointing it so you literally only have to move your arm"

"I KNOW BUT STILL"

Datekou can't seem to deal with their new setter either. Based on Futakuchi's annoyance.

"Can't you be a little more excited about our win Kenma?"

"I could but why should I if it's just a practice match anyway."

"You're unbelievable"

"OIKAWA I SWEAR TO GOD STOP ONLY SETTING TO TSUTOMU" at the mention of Oikawa's name the Seijoh members immediately looked to the direction where Shiratorizawa was playing against Datekou. Well, were trying to play against them. While Datekou seemed to be trying to calm down Futakuchi. Shiratorizawa was helping out a very exhausted Goshiki. The first year was breathing hard and trying to stay up on his feet. Semi was glaring at Oikawa who in return glared back.