The Punishment

Michael was going to be sent away, as per Tommy's orders. And Polly seemed to be on board with this decision

They all had enough of his arrogant behavior. The disrespect he was showing to his own mother and cousins, the temper that results in him being in a brawl just about every night, and everybody felt that the power was getting way too much in his head. Which was proven with apparent willingness to betray Tommy.

"Look Tommy, I've learned my fucking lesson alright? I've already had too many years of my life away from my real family."

"I'm family, and you were down to betraying me." Tommy snapped back.

Knowing there was no use in getting out of this, Michael sighed.
"Look, I know this would be an ass of me to ask you this, but please, At the very least please give me her address and send me to where she is."

"Who?" Tommy asked.

"Olivia"

Tommy looked at him like he was the daftest man on earth.
Taking a whiff of his cigarette, he answered.

"She's not the one I'm punishing, Michael." His tone felt like he was laughing at him for even thinking of such a request. "The only crime she's done to the family was not giving a proper goodbye. One we wholeheartedly understand why."

"Please, Tommy. I want to make everything right again, and I want to start with her." He pleaded.

"Well you're out of luck. I don't know where she is." He dismissed.

Knowing there was no use to further insisting, Michael nodded in defeat and got up to leave the room.

"You leave tomorrow to wherever I send you to." Tommy declared, now sitting back on his chair and reading some papers.

Just as he was out of the room, his mother Polly went in and closed the door to also talk to Tommy privately.

"I overheard everything just now, Tommy. And I think it is a good idea to let them forgive each other. Let him start there."

"Olivia has nothing to ask forgiveness from him for, Pol. It was all on him." He answered, not looking up from the papers he was signing.

"Right. But at least give it a chance, Tommy. She'll know how to handle him. If she wants nothing to do with him anymore, she'll easily send him away, that'll be another lesson for him, and I'll gladly take the blame if she calls you again, and this time for complaint."

Tommy looked up from what he was doing, obviously contemplating whether he'd listen to his aunt's suggestion.

"How'd you know she called me before?"

"I knew you sent her help two years ago, just a few days after Grace died, and I just assumed that you found out where she was because she called to send her condolences." Polly answered proudly.

"Give me the night to think about it, Pol"

And with a satisfied grin, Polly left him to do so.

It was in the wee hours of the morning, and Michael was about to board the boat Tommy assigned to take him wherever he'd be exiled to, when a voice was calling him from far away.

Turning, he saw that it was Finn jogging towards him.

"Tommy wanted me to give you this." He handed him a small folded piece of paper. He opened it and looked down to read.

In it was a scribbled down address. Michael looked up to his cousin, and for the first time in days, a smile broke out on his face.

"New York it is."

--------
Please leave a vote! Thank you 😊