A Familiar Name

Though they try to act like that night didn't make them both awkward around each other again, it admittedly did just that.

It was for the best. Olivia kept telling herself. She couldn't even begin to imagine what could've happened if she said yes.

Michael on the other hand was also mentally kicking himself for even going so much as asking.

It's been three days since that night, and both of them for the past few days were making excuses to try to avoid being alone together. Especially Michael.

"I'm heading out for some groceries, Michael." She told him while putting on her coat.

He was sitting by the coffee table, reading something on a piece of paper.

"I might head out later too. Someone I know is visiting the city." He informed her.

"Okay, have fun." She offered him a smile which he returned.

Heading out, she couldn't help but wonder who he was meeting. She knew all of his friends before.

Maybe it's someone he met when I already left. She thought to herself.

When she got home, Michael had already left. She spent the rest of the day arranging what she bought, cleaned up the house, and tried to catch up on her reading.

It's been a while since she got the house to herself, but she surprisingly doesn't miss it like she thought she would.

Glancing at the coffee table, she noticed that the piece of paper Michael was reading earlier was still there.

Picking it up, she read the note:

I heard you're in New York. I'm heading there for two days. If you can, come visit me at xxxxxx, and you can show me around as friends.

C. Murray

Murray... I think I heard that surname before in Grace's wedding.

As she was trying to remember if she knew someone with that last name, the front door creaked. Michael was home.

Putting the note back on the table, she turned to greet him.

"You're back." She smiled at him.

"Yeah, we just went for a stroll and I showed em some spots around." She can't really figure why, but it seems as though he's all tense when it comes to talking about his friend.

C. Murray...

"Have you eaten? There's still food on the table."

"No, I haven't. Care to join me?" He asked, surprising her. This was the first time he initiated to be in the same room as her since the night they went out for drinks.

She nodded and stood up to join him while he eats.

"How about you? How was your day?" He asked her, taking a bite of what she prepared.

"It was uneventful. I just came home and started cleaning." She shrugged.

"I'll help you next time." He promised.

"I think I'm gonna go visit my friend here tomorrow. Would you like to meet her?" She was planning on introducing him to Ginny.

"I'd like to, but I can't. I'm sorry." He replied, not looking up from cutting the meat on his plate.

"I'm meeting my friend again. It's their last day here before going home."

"It's okay, Michael. Another time then." She gave him an assuring smile.