Apple Blossoms and Pillow Talk

When Ada was successfully out of the apartment probably giving herself a pat on the back, Olivia and Michael were left still in the living room, just trying to wait and see who'd ask whom first.

"So..." Olivia started.

"Are we sharing my room or yours?" Michael asked. He didn't even sound hesitant to ask.

"I uh... was thinking that maybe whose room would Ada take would just sleep here on the living room couch." Her cheeks were getting hot again.

"Nonsense, Livy. It's not like we've never shared a bed before." He chuckled.

"W-we were dating then!" She objected, trying to hide how what he said made her insides turn.

"And? There were instances that we'd only sleep the entire night." Michael crossed his arms together, amused at her reactions.

"Let's just talk about this on our way to the office." She stated, now walking towards her coat.

Today was a cold day. The two of them were now walking side by side to the office, with hands in their coat pockets.

They passed by an elderly lady who was trying to open her apartment door, while carrying a bag of fruits.

Michael being the gentleman that he is, approached to help. After helping her place them down on her kitchen table, she turned to him.

"Oh, thank you so much, dear. It's so rare to have gentlemen like you in New York these days."

"Well I'm not from here ma'am. And it's no problem." He smiled at her.

"You're a handsome young man." She commented, and tilted her head to look at Olivia standing by her doorway. "And you have a lovely wife."

"Oh no ma'am, that's Olivia." He turned to her, and she offered the lady a smile. Facing the old lady again, he whispered "She's not my wife yet" with a wink, which made her giggle.

"Well, I don't want to keep you long from wherever you two have planned. Thank you again, dear. It was nice meeting the two of you."

After exchanging goodbyes to the nice lady, they were both out on the streets again, and Olivia was giving Michael a questioning look.

"Flowers for your thoughts?" He asked her.

"What did you say that made her giggle so much?"

"Livy, you can't be jealous of a sweet old lady, right?" He teased her, laughing. Earning a slap on his arm.

"In your dreams, Michael.'" She defended.

"Well it's a secret between the sweet lady and I."

She scoffed. "You don't even know each other's her names."

"Nope. But she knows yours." He grinned.

Arriving in front her office, she turned to him when he didn't get inside.

"Are you just going to stand there and wait for other ladies to share secrets to?"

He laughed at what she said. "No, but I am going to get something first. I'll be right back." he told her, and she nodded in response.

Olivia was already halfway through her paperwork when Michael came back, with his right arm behind him, seeming to be holding something.

"Here." And when he finally presented to her what he went out to get, she was faced with a bunch of apple blossom flowers, wrapped with garden ties.

"Is that for me?" She was almost embarrassed to ask.

"Well I did tell you I'd give you flowers for your thoughts earlier." He gave her a full-blown smile.