Chapter 1

In my whole life that I've lived here,  I never really liked it that much. The country is small, even its occupants are small in number. I just hated living in here, it feels- no it is what it is. I'm trapped in this hellish world.

We're poor, even if we did everything we could ever do we wouldn't be able to fend ourselves from this poverty. I mean, even the richest of the richest don't know where we are or who we are.

As I'm walking down the old silent road. Which was odd... usually more people would be outside. Adults trying to enjoy their life drinking, or kids playing in the dirty old streets. But now? You can barely see anyone on the way,

Pretty sure they are in their own houses. Minding their own business. It just so happens that everybody was thinking of the same thing, stay inside their homes. I didn't mind the silence, my house is in a few blocks so I'll just start minding my own business too then.

"Ella!" Someone shouted my name from across the street. When I turned to look at the so-called caller, I saw my friend Irish waving and running to me. I waved back and smiled at her.

I waited for her and stood there just watching her run to me. When she was finally in front of me, she halted and bended over taking deep breaths. "Just got from work?" She then asked, I looked around and nodded a bit. "Where's everyone?"

I can see the shock in Irish's face, "Wait? Have you forgotten what happened? Or you haven't even checked your socials?" She then crossed her hands at me.

I shook my head to answer her question, "No? I'm sorry, but what happened?".

Irish then heaved a sigh and slowly shook her head, "You're hopeless." She said as she dragged me to my own home.

As soon as we were inside, she told me to lock the doors. "You don't even know what's happening in your own country and world, how are you even going to survive Ella? No wonder you're late. Overtime from work?" She asked.

I nodded my hcad to answer her question. Sighing she seated at the dining table while I proceeded to go and make some coffee for the two of us. I memorized her taste in coffee so it shouldn't matter even if I didn't ask her.

"It's the elites. They are on the move again to make our lives a miserable hell."

The mention of the higher ups was enough to make me stop on putting sugar in our mugs. For a second I almost lost my composture but I managed. "What? Whaddya say?" I asked.

"Oh, you've heard me right Ella. They're on their way to toy with us again." I wasn't looking at her but I can feel the disappointment and anger in her tone. She was certainly not happy with the news.

"What kind of scheme are they planning?" I asked. Slightly nervous at the idea, whatever it is. It is the elites we are talking about, they can basically do anything they want to anyone. We can't refuse, we do not have the right. We are just pests in their view of world, like a rat that's been waiting to get examined and murdered by the scientists research, the only difference is that the scientist actually contributes to every being, living or dead.

"They are planning on a game." Irish said, serious and nervousness in her tone. I looked at her with curiosity of what she is about to say. "Game?" My eyebrows furrowed at the mention of the word. "Get to the point Irish."

"Calm down. I'm on it." She said as she got her Pro-Phone out. Everybody, rich or poor has atleast one. This is where we get news of what's happening in the inside and outside world.

Irish opened her Pro-Phone and it projected a little projector screen. She set down the phone on the table and searched for the updates of the so-called incident. As she raked through her phone, I set her coffee and sat down in front of her.