Ten

Namjoon

It was always dark and cold in this room. It was never fun. I could only hear my breathing and it made me scared. I didn't like being scared. Father told me that being scared made you weak and I was weak.

I was afraid of the dark, cold quiet room.

Father said that naughty children don't get to come out of this room. He said that children who didn't have control were to stay in here until they learnt their lesson. I don't remember being naughty and when I asked my mother, she smiled at me and father dragged me to this room by my hair.

I was so scared.

I didn't want to be naughty. I wanted to be a good boy.

Father said a 7-year-old should know better and then he punched me.

Mother sat there holding Kookie. He was only 4 and he was very cute. Father didn't like him either. He didn't like mother either. He was always so mean but my brother Yoongi was always getting into fights with father.

I was a good boy. I was a brave boy but my father said I wasn't. Mother always told me I was her special little boy and father called me a stupid brat. He said that I wasn't special because I was a monster. 

I didn't know what he meant. I was just a little boy who was trying his best to make my father happy with me.

Father had locked me in this room so many times that I could work my way around in the dark. I was a vampire but I hadn't got my vampire vision yet. I was slow. My brothers had it but I didn't. I was a stupid vampire. My father told me so.

I think it had been a few days since my father locked me away and I was so hungry! I hadn't eaten anything since then and my tummy was hurting me. It kept going grr grr grr at me and it even made me jump.

I curled up onto my side in the corner of the scary room and sang a little song that my mother taught me. It always made me feel brave and happy because she sang it to me. It was called butterfly and it was very pretty. It made me smile because it was a pretty song.

There was a bright light and I slapped my hands over my eyes because it hurt me.

"I see you are still alive, brat," My father said and I moved my hands so I didn't make him angry at me.

"Yes, father," I said, sitting on my knees.

"Have you learnt your lesson?"

"Father," I said, not looking at him. We weren't allowed to look at him when we were in trouble because he said if we did it was like we wanted to fight him. I would never fight my father. He was very scary, "I don't remember what I did. Can you tell me?"

My father stepped into the room and hit me in the face. I whimpered as I hit the wall and I cried making him hit me again. Father lifted me up by my hair and yelled in my face making me even more scared.

"If you can't remember what you did," He shouted, "Then you will have to stay in here for longer!"

Father threw me against the wall and he slammed the door shut.

"Father!" I screamed hitting the door, "Please let me out! I don't want to be a naughty boy anymore. I'll be good, father. I promise! Let me out! I'm scared! I'm scared!"

I cried and hit the door until I felt something warm on my knuckles. I sniffed the air and cried louder when I knew it was my blood.

"F-Father!" I cried, "I am really scared! I don't want to be scared!"