Twenty-Three

Darcy

"Why do you always have to embarrass me?" I said, glaring at Denyi as soon as Namjoon and Hana left the room, "It's bad enough as it is without you making things worse for me!"

"I don't see what the problem is. You like Namjoon. Namjoon likes you. Why do you have to be embarrassed about it?"

"Because I'm not used to it. I've never liked someone like this and it's new to me. You are used to being a soppy bitch and letting everyone know how you feel. I'm not,"

Denyi sighed, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to upset you. I think it's great that you've finally found out that you have a heart,"

I rolled my eyes, "I have always had a heart. It's just been...Denyi,"

"Yes?"

"Someone is approaching the house and I recognise the smell,"

"I can't smell anything,"

"It's female. Older than us and by the look on your face you know who it is,"

Denyi nodded, "I'm not sure this is going to end well,"

When the doorbell went, we poked our heads out of the door to see who was there. Hana was tense and she had a tight grip on Namjoon's arm. If it was anyone else, then I may have snapped but I could tell that she was scared and calling Jungkook for help in her head.

The door was pushed open and someone walked in. Namjoon moved Hana behind him and I saw his eyes flash red. Hana was shaking and I felt a need to protect her. I glanced over at the woman who looked crazy. Her dark hair was sticking out in all directions and her eyes were wide. It looked like she fought with a hairbrush, to be honest, but there was something dangerous about the look she had.

"I've been searching for you, monster," The woman giggled and shivers shot up my spine.

"How the hell did she get her memory back?" Denyi growled.

"Who is she?" I asked, "She has a similar smell to Hana,"

"That is her birth mother," Denyi muttered, "Kris wiped her memory because she didn't want to remember giving birth to Hana. She almost killed her and let her boyfriend...you get the idea. I thought she was finally gone. Hana can't handle her. She's scared,"

"You thought you could escape me," The woman said, "But I found you. It took a while but I'm back,"

"Leave," Namjoon said, "No one has to get hurt and you aren't welcome here,"

"Shut up!" She screamed and drool fell from the corner of her mouth, "You are a monster and monsters don't deserve to live!"

My eyes went wide as she pulled a gun from her jacket pocket and before I could think, I ran forward knocking her to the floor. I kicked the gun away and she screamed at me, punching me in the face.

"Enough!" I snapped, "Hana isn't your family anymore! Fuck off!"

I got to my feet and she went to rush past me, but I punched her in the jaw. She yelped out in pain and dropped to the floor...not moving.

"Oh fuck!" I whispered, "I killed her,"

Namjoon rushed forward and shifted the woman, "I think you broke her neck,"

"How?! I only punched her!"

"She's human. You are not," Namjoon said, "You probably hit it out of it's normal position but don't feel bad,"

"I just killed her! She wouldn't have hurt anyone because we wouldn't have let her!"

"Darcy, it's ok," Namjoon said, putting his hands on my shoulders, "You-"

"I fucking killed a human!" I said, grabbing my head, "I don't kill humans! They aren't any harm!"

"This bitch was," Hana said, kicking her mum in the face.

"Hana!" I said grabbing hold of her. She struggled against me and I had to use more strength to move her to the wall, "Stop. Please don't make this worse. I didn't mean to kill her. I'm sorry. I swear. I was only trying to protect you and-"

"What the fuck are you doing?" Jungkook growled.

"This-this isn't what it looks like!" I said, jumping around and holding my hands in the air, "I was just-"

"Get the fuck away from her!"

"Jungkook, stop," Namjoon said stepping in front of me, "Darcy is telling the truth. Look at the body on the floor. Who is that and-ow! You dumb fuck!!"

I grabbed Hana and pulled her out of the way as Jungkook slammed Namjoon against the wall.

"Jungkook!" Hana said, trying to get out of my arms, "Please, don't fight!"

The brothers snarled and crashed through a table. Jin rubbed the bridge of his nose and walked over to us.

"What happened?"

"She went to shoot Hana and Namjoon," Denyi said, "Darcy jumped in and accidently broke her neck. She held Hana back to stop her from kicking her mum even more,"

"Shit," Yoongi said, "This kinda shit only happens when we aren't around,"

"Jin, you have to tell them to stop!" Hana begged, "Please. Tell them to stop fighting!"

"Hana," Jin said, "You need to let them have it out. They are both very tense at the moment and...wait. How did she know it was you? Kris wiped her memory,"

"I don't know," She said, "But please, tell them to stop. I can't deal with this. I want them to stop,"

"I can try but that will make things worse,"

Jimin jumped out of the way as the brothers rolled over towards him, "This is stupid. Jungkook needs to chill,"

I looked at Hana who looked like she was about to burst into tears.

"Are...are you ok?" I asked.

"No. I want this to end. I want the fighting to stop!"

"I'll stop it,"

"No," She said, "I'll do it myself,"

She stomped forward and clenched her fists as they landed by her feet.

"Don't," Jin said putting his hand on my shoulder, "Just wait,"

"Jungkook! If you don't stop this right now then I am walking out of the door and you will never see me again!"

"Ow!" Jungkook hissed, "Stop! Namjoon-I-shit! Stop hitting me! I'm finished!"

"I'm pregnant!" Hana screamed, making the fight stop instantly, "For fuck sake! I don't need any more fucking stress in my life right now. Stop acting like fucking losers and grow up! I need everyone to get on. I can't do this alone, so please...please stop,"

"Pregnant?" Hoseok whispered, "But...you...what the fuck?!"

Hana wiped her eyes and nodded, "Yes. I know. I haven't had my fertile time or whatever you vampires call it, but I'm half-human remember,"

"Fuck me in the asshole and call me Denny," Denyi said.

"Maybe later, babe," Yoongi said and Taehyung punched him in the stomach.

"Ok," Jin said, "I'll put the kettle on,"