Eighteen

Darcy

I looked over at Namjoon knocked out on the floor and I sighed, "Does anyone want to tell me why he lost his nut?"

"It's because of you," Taehyung said, wiping blood away from his face, "I can't believe he hit me!"

"Two doses of tranquillisers," Hoseok said, "His anger is getting worse, Jin. What are we supposed to do?"

Jin shrugged, "I'm not sure. We will have to see. I don't want to lock him away. It will make him worse,"

"Ok, so why is it my fault?" I asked.

"Because he likes you," Jimin said, "What? Did you think he would react like that if he hated you?"

"But-"

"Yoongi acted the same when Denyi came along. He almost tore out Jungkook's throat," Taehyung said.

"All they were doing was fighting over pizza,"

"It would have been interesting to see someone so short fight someone so tall," Jimin said.

"Then why don't we fight?" I said, "I'm tall and well, you are short,"

"I'm beginning to hate you even more now,"

A few days later, I was back to normal. I had painted a few portraits and put them into a pile. I tried having my hair in a different style but I hated it. I had always put a layer back keeping it from my face and if I had it all up, I felt that I looked bald.

There was a knock on the door and Denyi came in dancing.

"What do you want?"

Denyi grinned and shimmied at me, "I have come to escort you to dinner. Jin made some fancy meal and after dinner, we are going to a meeting room to chat about what to do with the wolves,"

I sighed, "I'm not hungry,"

"I knew you were going to say that so I have back up,"

"Which is?"

"Lemon cheesecake,"

I tutted and put my slippers on, "It better be good cheesecake,"

Denyi giggled and dragged me all the way to the dining room. I felt myself swallow hard when I saw Namjoon sitting there. His face looked like thunder and I wasn't sure how long it would take before he snapped.

"Before we eat," Jin said as I sat down, "Hana and Jungkook won't be joining us. I thought it was best for them to go to another house of ours. They need time together and right now, Hana doesn't feel comfortable here,"

"Is that my fault?" I asked, "I didn't mean to-"

"It isn't you," Yoongi said, "Our father is still here and he is healed. It's not a good idea to have Hana around. Father has hated her since day one and she doesn't feel safe with him here. Denyi doesn't care but she refused to go,"

"And leave my games behind?" Denyi scoffed, "I don't think so,"

"Her two friends have joined them and since they found out she is a vampire," Jin sighed, "They have some questions,"

"Are we going to talk all night or are we going to be fed?" Namjoon muttered.

"I don't mind if you go hungry," Jin said, "I have always looked after you but if you keep losing your temper, then I will lose mine and nobody wants to see that, Brother,"

I noticed the brothers rub the back of their necks and they avoided making eye contact. That was weird but I knew better to ask why they were doing that. Jin must have a bad temper for them to react like that.

"I'm not hungry," Namjoon said getting to his feet.

"Sit down, Namjoon," Jin said.

"I'm going to my room,"

"I said sit down," Jin said loudly, "Don't make me force you to sit,"

Namjoon clenched his fists but sat back down.

"Good. I'll bring the food in now. No one is to leave the table,"

When Jin left the room I nudged Taehyung, "What the hell just happened?"

"Probably not a good idea to talk about it right now, Darcy," He said quietly, "Namjoon only woke up an hour ago but he is still angry. You also don't want Jin to get angry. If you think Namjoon is bad then you are in for a big surprise,"

"But that was the first time I heard Jin raise his voice,"

Taehyung sighed, "Darcy, there are things about this family that you don't want to know about. Jin is one of those things. He has always been protective and looked after us. I don't remember him yelling at us once when we were kids. He was always smiling and being the best brother he could be. But something changed when he turned 18. No one knows but that was the first time we saw him lose control. It was bad. When he calmed down, he cried for 4 hours straight and after that, nothing. He stopped smiling as much and-"

"Darcy," Jin said walking back into the room, "I hope you eat lamb,"

"I do," I said, "Thank you,"

"She's probably hunted it down in her wolf form as well," Jimin said quietly.

"I have. And you are lamb sized so I would watch your back," I said and his brothers laughed, "If you are in the forest, I would wear a high-vis just in case,"

"Mic drop!" Denyi laughed loudly, "Damn. I like this Darcy. It's like you are coming back to how you used to be,"

"Well, don't count on me staying like this," I mumbled, "I'm leaving after this is sorted out,"

Namjoon looked up and frowned, "Leaving?"

"Yeah," I said, "That was the plan from the start,"

"Even after everything those wolves did to you, you think you're better off alone?"

"I've lasted this long and this may sound like a bitchy comment, but why would you care anyway?" I asked tilting my head, "You told me that you hated wolves and that included me,"

Namjoon gripped his fork tightly, "Things change,"

Hoseok cleared his throat, "Can someone pass the salt please?"

Namjoon and I caught eyes. I could see the hurt behind them but he ducked his head and began to eat. I turned my attention back to my food and ignored the stabbing pain in my chest.

Darcy. You truly are an idiot.