9- 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔗𝔯𝔲𝔱𝔥

Scarlette's P.O.V

When I woke up from that nightmare my ribs were throbbing and I found it hard to breathe. I really needed a pain killer.

   I was definitely in deep shit based on the circumstances I'm in right now all of my brothers were here to witness my horrific nightmare.

All five of my intimidating brothers stared at me with clear shock on their faces.

"What the hell was that Scar?", Jace asked softly.

I looked away and thought of what I should say.

"It was just a nightmare", I said trying to act confused.

I know I'm a terrible liar.

"That wasn't a regular nightmare", Flavio said looking at the rest of his brothers.

"I agree with Flavio I've seen nightmares like that especially after Luca made his first kill", Xavier said.

I felt alarmed at first but then I remembered they were in the mafia I still haven't processed that shit yet. I mean I know the mafia exists but I never really imagined my brothers killing anyone.

Lucas's eyes then widened.

"I had those types of nightmares because of the experiences I had...so Scarlette what happened", Luca demanded.

All of my brother's eyes were on me and I couldn't even think of anything to say I bit my lip and I couldn't stare at any of my brothers in the eye, not even Jace.

I decided to see if I could play it safe.

"It was just some silly things that happened to me in the foster care system, it's not a big deal", I said hoping they would just drop it.

"SCARLETTE DON'T LIE TO US", Jace yelled.

Since he was the only one who had been actually nice to me Jace yelling came as a shock to me. I didn't see a way out of this, after what happened to me I have grown numb to it but the nightmares still haunt me.

Maybe telling them won't be so hard and if they even try to view me as weak I'll make them swallow their words. I have to be strong.

THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

(A/N: I know some of yall usually see characters in books like these break down when telling their story but I wanted to try something different if you don't like the idea of the main character being strong at then Imagine her crying)

I Can't show them that I'm weak and have them pity me and treat me differently, like what happened with Liam.

I decided I had to tell them but I was shaking with nervousness.

Here goes nothing

                                       ***                                                    

Luca's P.O.V

  I remember having nightmares just like Scarlette, I prayed that what she went through wasn't so bad. I felt bad enough for calling her a slut. It would suck for her to have gone through something as bad as what happened to me.

Scarlette looked like she was deep into thought then she took a deep breath. Nothing could prepare me for what she was about to say...

She slowly lifted up her shirt with shaky fingers.

My brothers and I gasped.

Her ribs were black and purple and she looked like she was in pain.

Then she turned around and lifted up her shirt some more which revealed the words slut carved into her back.