WHO DID IT? • 21

BEFORE PROM

FRIDAY, 22 NOVEMBER 2019
18:11

It was an extra busy and special friday night for the students of the local university.

Prom was coming, and this was their last weekend to prepare. Ladies all over the malls and online shopping sites, gentlemen on tuxedo rentals, and everyone was basically scrambling to secure a date.

Except for Choi Jisu.

For her, dates are stupid. She believes that her presence, and killer outfit in itself was enough to wow the crowd and continue to give her an unbreakable prom queen streak.

The whole cheer team was at her mansion for a little party. Lia was also giving the girls some fashion and beauty advice for their own prom appearance.

Everyone in the house gathered towards the rich girl like a swarm of ants on a pastry crumb, hoping to be at least a bit close to her charisma, and to learn from her charms. To them, she was just the best.

"Hey Lia! Give us a sneak peek of your outfit!" Heejin, a fellow cheerleader, told the university It Girl.

"Oh, Heejin, it's like you don't know me. A queen never spills what her gown looks like. It's a surprise!" Jisu replied, to which a certain red-haired girl rolled her eyes at.

Yuna.

Even though Yuna was the leader of the other cheerunit, she was never treated like Lia was. She was always labelled as "Lia's partner" or "Lia's subtitute."

It angered her, of course, since she works so hard to be so friendly and popular. She wasn't exactly not known, but she was known as someone in Lia's shadow, and she didn't like that.

So she devised a plan.

---

SUNDAY, 24 NOVEMBER 2019
19:00

"So, what do you need help for?" Chaeryeong asked the red haired girl, propping herself up om her eyebrows after lying down on the latter's bed.

"Which dress is better?" Yuna held up two different dresses. One was a black mermaid cut gown,, with the flare made of tulle. The other was an off-shoulder princess dress, with painted flower all over.

"You bought two dresses? Seriously?" Chaeryeong chuckled, wondering about the reason behind her friend's actions.

"Just pick! Which dress?" Yuna replied nonchalantly, shaking the hangers holding the dresses to divert Chaeryeong's attention.

"Um... the bigger one.With the flowers. Suits you better." The coffee-haired girl starting to feel uneasy. Something just doesn't sit right.

She tried to shake off the thoughts, but it did nothing but heighten, especially when Yuna sat down on the bed with her, with her laptop in her hand and a serious look on her face.

"Suits me better? That dress is for you, silly. The other one you didn't pick, guess it'll go to Yeji. I know you boffoons don't have sresses yet."

"H-Huh? Then what are you gonna wear?" Chaeryeong was honestly confused, and nervous.

"That is what you're going to help me with." Yuna replied. a dim smirk forming on her face.

"What do you mean? Are we going online shopping?"

"Oh you innocent girl. I want you to hack into Lia's email and find her dress. I know she always orders online so her receipts are sent via email."

"Why would I do that??" Chaeryeong was frowning, extremely puzzled.

"Come on, she's rich anyway. And her dresses are always the one being talked about! I'll get the exact same dress she bought."

"Yuna, I don't think this is a good idea..."

"You'll do it for me, right?" Yuna's voice was stern. It made Chaeryeong quiver. She was so scared and nervous. She really felt like the red haired girl could harm her if she didn't do what she asked.

'Forgive me, Jisu.' She said to herself, as she , opened her laptop with her fingers trembling.

"Ha, I also sent some gossip annonymously." The res haired girl uttered casually, while waiting for Chaeryeong to do her work.

She was really that greedy for attention. For love and validation from a crowd.

But, at what cost?