14 | of therapy and therapists

A/N: So for this chapter I'm gonna change a few things on the series of events, just giving you a heads up in case you get confused.

     Also I just wanna give a warning that this chapter has some mentions of panic attacks and strong language, so please read at your own risk.

That's all :))

      THE CALENDAR READ friday and the moon was rising into the high of the night

      THE CALENDAR READ friday and the moon was rising into the high of the night. Presley had just finished eating dinner, and was star gazing from her window when a knock sounded on the door. "Presley, its me, Neil."

     I swear to god.

    "Can we talk?" He finds himself asking. The shuffling of feet could be heard inside as Presley trudges towards the door and reluctantly opens it, coming face to face with the devil himself.

     A devil with an angel's face.

     With that, Neil wordlessly enters, closing the door behind him. Presley plops down on her bed once again, not really wanting to face the boy. "We're really not gonna talk about what happened, huh?"

     "There's nothing to talk about though." Presley frowns, turning to look at Neil who was now sitting on the chair by her desk. Sighing, she shoots him an exasperated look.

     "I can't focus on practices because all I think about is you. If you're okay? How are you holding up? If there's something that's bothering you?" Neil lets out a bitter laugh, consequently inhaling sharply. "I'm not even thinking about myself anymore."

     "Neil." Was all Presley could say. His name, it felt foreign, but at the same time, comforting. Presley gulps, still not used to talking about her emotions and herself. She ignored the fact that Neil was thinking about her, not really wanting to address it and jump to any conclusion.

     A bone cutting silence hangs in the air. It wasn't really a comfortable silence, its the kind of silence kills you until you can't breathe. Like what they say, its the silent ones you should look out for.

     Neil decides to cuts off the silence, getting anxious by the second. "You're joining the meeting tonight, right?" He questions, momentarily changing the subject. Neil had been hoping to reconcile with her alone, since the last time they talked Todd had been there. So now, he winds up in her room once more, trying to befriend her.

     "Maybe."

     "Presley — "

     "Fine. Okay? I'm joining the meeting and I want to be a part of the Dead Poets Society, and I want to be friends with you all." Presley exclaims, now standing up from her bed as she looks down at Neil, who had a look of confusion on his face as a smile quirks on his lips.

     "Do you mean that? Or are you being sarcastic?" Neil asks, looking up at the girl. He wasn't quite sure if she just said that out of annoyance or really meant it. He hoped the latter, though.