25 | the unscripted fairytale

A/N: okay this is the real last chapter, and the ending of Neil and Presley's story. I feel like the song above fits this ending so I put it up there.

     Also, I'd appreciate it if you could stick around for the epilogue!

     Idk abt you, but I got teary eyed lmfaoo
     Happy reading!

     NEIL FOUND AN ENVELOPE on his desk as he entered his dorm room to collect his things and go home for the holidays

     NEIL FOUND AN ENVELOPE on his desk as he entered his dorm room to collect his things and go home for the holidays. His eyes were bloodshot from zero sleep, and too much tears.

     He had just gone back from the funeral, and he didn't expect this. With a shaky breath, he reluctantly walks toward his desk, and pick up the envelope. Only then does he find out it was a letter from Presley.

     The tears immediately stream down his face once again as he struggles to open the envelope with his shaky hands. He was shaking all over as he feels his heart being stabbed and shattered a thousand times over and over again.

     Biting his bottom to prevent it from shaking, he opens the letter, and reads.

     To my dearest Neil,

          By the time you read this, I'll be in your heart. I have a lot of things to tell you, and a lot of things I haven't said. To be honest, I had no idea it would all come to this. I didn't expect to become a part of your life, and I certainly didn't expect you to be a part of mine.

          The first time I met you, I decided I would hate you. I know its kind of weird to say this now, but I said it nonetheless. I just thought you'd be another one of those people who would just say hello and pass by, but god was I wrong.

          I want to thank you for everything. Thank you for being the stubborn rock you are, that you stayed beside me even if I was pushing you away. I didn't want you to get attached because I didn't want you to get hurt when I leave.

          I want to say sorry for being so blunt with my words. I don't mean any of them at all. You are by far the best person I have ever met in my entire life and you showed me how to open up and accept people into my life.

          You showed me how to be human. You were like some sort of catapult that threw a boulder of affection and appreciation to me that made my walls crumble down and I can't thank you enough for that.

          I want you to know how much you mean to me. How much you changed my perspective towards life. You helped me become a better person, and I appreciate your patience. You've made me feel alive these past few months more than I've ever felt in all my life. It has been a roller coaster, and I wouldn't change anything if I could.

          I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise. But can you promise me one thing? Go live your life. Like I said, just don't forget me. I want you to be happy, Neil. I don't want you to stay stuck unable to move on from me because god, you deserve all the happines jn the world, and I have no right to take that away from you.

          I can imagine a future with you. Where we get married, have children, have grandchildren. Where we grow old, and live with each other in a house in the middle of nowhere. And we're happy. And okay.

          Don't cry. When you read this letter, you lose if you cry. I don't want to see you cry because my heart shatters every time I see tears in your eyes. I want to be able to hug you, and tell you that everything will be okay.

          When the time comes, I'd like to meet you again. When you're ready, and I'm ready as well. I want to meet you in our next lifetime. There, we can be happy. And Neil? I know I didn't get to say this, but I love you. More than you know. And I'm happy that you were my last.

With love,
Your Pres

     It was at that very moment that Neil finally realized, that in the play of his life, falling in love with Presley Ross was unscripted.