15 | mozart and calypso

A/N: I know this song isn't in the playlist, but it fits the chapter so much I just had to attach it here. You can listen to it while reading if you want!

     Also I'll technically be making up scenarios of Neil's past here, I have no idea if it actually happened so before you say anything, let me tell you its all make believe.

     This chapter is a factor to Neil and Presley's closure, and friendship. This is maybe the lightest chapter in this book so far, and I really really enjoyed writing it.

     Happy reading!

     PRESLEY'S HEART WAS pounding against her rib cage as she and Neil reached the city

     PRESLEY'S HEART WAS pounding against her rib cage as she and Neil reached the city. The city. She's only been in the city for once and that was when she flew in from London, only having to pass by. She glances at Neil, who was still holding her hand in his, their fingers intertwined.

     Presley didn't know what to think.

     Neil was not any different as a blush dusted his cheeks upon realization he had been holding her hand since earlier. But he doesn't move his hand, he doesn't move at all. It stays there, intertwined with hers.

     He blamed his blush on the cold october air of the night. He blamed the momentum, and the look on her face. God, she was smiling. He blamed her treacherous smile that drew him in.

     He wasn't thinking about where they were going. But somehow, they ended up buying liquor from a 24-hour store and found themselves in front of Henley Hall, that looked about as dead as a corpse.

     Neil didn't know what ran through his mind when he grinned mischievously at Presley before letting go of her hand and running inside. "Neil!" She shouts out after him. Neil was a giggling mess as he went around the building and looked for a fire escape that leads to the rooftop.

     Presley had no idea what Neil was doing either, as she trailed behind him. Earlier on, they had bickered about who was going to carry the liquor, and of course Neil had won the small argument.

     The boy excitedly ran up the stairs upon seeing it, giggling whilst doing so. Presley shakes her head at him, eventually trudging behind. "Hurry up, you slow poke!" Neil shouts down from at least eleven steps ahead of her. "The night isn't gonna last forever."

     "If you just slow down, maybe I could hurry up." Presley groans, to which Neil only responds with a giggle and proceeds to rush up the flight of stairs. "I swear to god, Neil Perry, you're going to be the death of me." She mutters under her breath, trying to pick up her pace as she follows him up.

     Eventually, Presley finally reached the top, and gaped at the view before her as she stepped on the rooftop. Neil looked back at her with the biggest grin on his face, as if he was proud he thought of going here.