When the Blue Fell║TheBOOKdragon16

ヽ('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人'・ω・')ノ

Hey guys!!! Here's our first Interview with TheBOOKdragon16 whose book When The Blue Fell has won 3rd Place in Teen Fiction!!! Woohoo!!

Read on to find some cool advice, a wonderful dedication and beautiful thoughts!

Who or what inspires and motivates you to write?

It's everything that happens around me. 

The people I meet, the society I observe and the ideas that build up in my mind. I believe that everyone I know and meet, themselves are story I'd want to read and comprehend one day. 

Writing is also an escape for me; a safe place and I enjoy it more than anything. So, it is humans and human societies and the strength and beauty I see in them, which inspires me to write.

What genre do you love (to read/write) the Most and why?

I enjoy classics a lot because I grew up with them.I also really really love YA dystopian, fantasy and sci-fi like the hunger games and shatter me. However, when it comes to reading on Wattpad, I am a sucker for good teen fics and werewolf books. When it comes to writing, I am yet to know because the only genre I tried is teen fiction.

Which character in your book "When the Blue Fell" closely fits your personality?

It has to be my protagonist, Theodora. 

We do share a lot of similarities like all her weird, quirky habits such as wearing different pair of socks and shoes. However we do have our differences, Theo is definitely more down to earth and calmer in comparison.

What is your strongest point in writing? What advice would you give to fellow writers struggling in that category?

My strongest point is definitely descriptions. I have a poetic writing style, so I go overboard with world building in a very poetic way.

My advice to fellow writers would be to understand what their own writing style is and then work in accordance with their descriptions. Make them your own for anything can be described in a million ways, and each of them are beautiful. 

Once you identify your style, find books with similar styles and focus on aspects like the vocabulary used, sentence length, whether it's more straightforward or filled with figures of speech etc.

Is there any scene you particularly enjoyed writing in your book?

Yes! I absolutely loved writing the scene in which Theodora meets Ezekiel for the first time. It was just very cute in my opinion, infact I love writing all the scenes with Ezekiel in them.

Do you have any insecurities about your story? If yes, how do you deal with it?

Yes I do, sometimes I get worried whether my story is really worth it and is it catchy enough. I know there are mistakes here and there, and I know I have a long way to go. 

I usually deal with it by reminding myself about the joy I get while writing. I am also really passionate about the message I am trying to give across, so it helps me to go on.

Chosen Question:  What is something you have improved in your writing over time?

I used to be very bad at dialogues and dialogue tags. All my dialogues used to come across abrupt and awkward, and at that time I didn't even know what were dialogue tags. 

Also, I used to go overboard with so many descriptions to the point it felt boring to read. I have definitely improved on these two aspects and it was only possible by writing more and more, and I am looking forward to continue to improve.

Conclusion: It has been lovely to take your interview! Glad to see you have come so far. Best of luck and keep shining!

P.S I hope you guys enjoyed reading this!

Interviewer: Evil Bunny