Genesis ║Queen_of_life_Heba

ヽ('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人'・ω・')ノ

Hey guys! Here's our interview with Queen_of_life_Heba whose book Genesis The Story Retold has won Honorable Mention under Historical Fiction/Sci-fi!!

Read on to find more about this lovely author! <3

Who or what inspires and motivates you to write? 

I love to stare out at the morning sky, and for years it has served as a creative inspiration. Furthermore, I love to write in the rain, enjoying the drops of water falling down on the glass. And as for who inspires me to write, then I have only one answer - fictional characters, whom I've read about. 

What genre do you love (to read/write) the Most and why? 

I love to read all kinds of books, but mystery, nonfiction, historical fiction, fantasy, paranormal and horror, each for their own unique flair, there is no specific reason as to why I love them. 

 As for writing, historical fiction, fantasy and horror would be my top choice. We can't deny that they are wonderful genres for both reading and writing.  

Which character in your book closely fits your personality?

A character whom I can relate with? Hmmmmmm it's quite difficult to answer truly. For once, Ankh's loving and creative nature is something I can relate well with. Then there's Senpa. Her love for bookish things and her inner rebel is also something relatable. I feel like Meritheka, curious about time and nature, always been too hard on myself. Mutnodjemet's inner sorrow is also something relatable. In short, there's is a bit of my personality in each and every character of my book. 

Is there any scene you particularly enjoyed writing in your book?

I enjoyed writing all the scenes, but particularly in the chapter titled 'The Attack', I deeply enjoyed writing all the battle scenes. They were difficult but quite enjoyable. And yes, there's another one. There's a particular chapter titled 'The Night Before the Storm', where a character ( Iset) was travelling. The little bits of serenity and peace was quite a joy to write about. It's a reader's favourite too! 

What's something you look for in a story? 

When I read a book, I wish it to leave a everlasting impression on my mind. Be it a heartbreaking end, a soulful romance, heartwarming friendship or an intense end, I want a book to leave a mark in my heart, a sensation which I'll never able to forget. 

What is your strongest point in writing? What advice would you like to give fellow writers struggling in that category?

My strongest point perhaps is the description. And when I mean descriptions, I mean almost all types of them. 

As for those who are struggling with writing a description of their story, I'd suggest them to put the pen ( or keyboard ) and close their eyes. Imagine what the scene looks like. For a moment place yourself in the shoes of your character. Experience their awe at the sight. 

Or perhaps if they are struggling with writing their characters physical description, then also close your eyes and feel them. Try to imagine them. Do they have dark skin? Blue eyes? Black hair? That's the trick. Imagine before writing. In the case of descriptions, it helps a bunch!

What is something you have improved in your writing over time?  

That's something my readers can answer. But, to be completely truthful, I should say that I have improved a lot in balancing my writing with my other work. Sometimes, I had ignored my writing for my work and sometimes I ignored my work for my writing. Considering the fact that I am a student, it was hampering my life a lot. But slowly, bit by bit I started to develop a routine for myself. It has helped it a lot. I would also recommend others to develop a routine to help them find time for both days. 

Thanks for having this interview with us! Best of Luck and Keep Shining!

Interviewer: Evil Bunny