The Heart I Dropped║Sija

ヽ('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人'・ω・')ノ

Hey guys!!! Here's our Interview with theliitlewomen whose book The Heart I Dropped has won Honorable Mention in Romance!!

Read on to find some celestial thoughts and magical replies!

Who or what inspires and motivates you to write?

I'm tempted to say, 'everyone and anything' however it's more than that. I like a challenge and virtually all of my stories begin as a title which I weave into a plot. 

 Life, a snatch of overhead conversation, a sentence in book and ,a piece of music give me the desire to get something down on paper. Sometimes it's my dreams and fantasies or sometimes it's just a random shower thought.

Next, What genre do you love to read/write the MOST and why?

I really don't have a particularly "favorite "genre, cause there are so many to choose from! I read from almost anything from classics to trashiest thriller. All depending upon my mood. 

 But I'm a romance nerd for sure, heavily addicted to Heart Strings. Somehow reading romance fiction makes me feel like I'm living through the characters. Normally, I stay calm and collected but reading romance makes my heart clench and swoon from inside!And writing romance engulfs me in a sense of comfort. 

I got involved with my characters and find myself rooting for them in every chapter possible. I want them to have their own happy ending.When you are romantic at heart, there's nothing more comforting than the warm hug of your fictional character. You get all emotional and can relive the relationship over and over again without the boring bits in between.

Which character in your book "The Heart I Dropped" closely fits your personality?

 My personality closely fits with my character 'Dr. Rosaline Marks'. We both a very honest and taking responsibility are actions that are our admirable qualities. Our drive and determination to do something and the idea to leave our footprints on this earth for the world to see it, helps us to keep going no matter what. 

Compassion and the ability to understand the problems of others and that compassion has come from within because we both didn't have very good upbringing. We both had to face the unpredictability of life at very young age and we both know very well that life is not smooth for everyone. Everybody has their own share of problems. 

Mine and Rosaline's are just uncommon problems. We don't want to fall in love somehow every time we break this vow and that results in breaking our hearts.Anyhow, Dr. Rosaline Marks is not just my character. She's a part of me.

What is your strongest point in writing? What advice would you like to give fellow writers struggling in that category?

I think it's my quality to write my heart out. And the compassion to provide something new to my readers.When I write, I'm aware of my rhetorical choices which are the most important aspect of becoming a good writer in any genre. 

I make my words matter. My words, whatever I want to say and my writing style, the way I write it matters the most. I want to serve my reader. I want to them to turn the page because of anxiety and hunger to read more. I just relentlessly put myself in the reader's shoes and imagine what questions would my chapters arise.Good writing strives to explain, to make things a little bit clearer, to make a sense of author's world. And I always try to improve my writings to provide the readers a clear view of what I think. 

 And as for the others writers out there, I would suggest them to root out every opposing as well as positive view points. Incorporate multiple perspective when the issue lends to it itself. So at the very least, don't ignore the fact that other points of view might exist; to do so makes your reader not trust you. So make sure he or she knows you're watching out for them. To quote Hemingway:-"The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof, shit detector"

Is there any scene you particularly enjoyed writing in your book?

Particularly I loved writing the part where Rosaline bickers with Alexander despite knowing that it's a waste of time. (Readers have to read and find out wherever it is XD )

How do you deal with insecurities about your story?

Oftentimes, my fear of writing stems from the fact that I believe that my written piece is not good enough.And then I start to doubt my own ability as a writer because my story doesn't have "reads" 

 So to deal with these kinds of insecurities, I switch off my notifications to save me some anxiety for later. And if I still don't get enough reads only published piece, I try to work harder on the next one

What is something you have improved in your writing over time?

Over time, I've improved the way write. Earlier my paragraphs used to have a lot of grammatical mistakes and at various points, the reader felt rushed and quite overwhelmed after reading any chapter. 

So it make things right, I reached out my readers, asked what they wanted from my protagonists or actually How i could serve them as writer.But now I feel there has been a little improvement but there always some same for development right?

Interviewers' Note: Indeed! :D

Conclusion: It has been lovely to take your interview! Glad to see you work hard. Best of luck and keep shining!

P.S I hope you guys enjoyed reading this!

Interviewer: Evil Bunny