Kāma: Liberation ║Shivran86

ヽ('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人('・ω・')人'・ω・')ノ

Hey guys!! Here's our Interview with Shivran86 whose book Kāma: Liberation has won 1st Place in Sci-fi/Historical Fic!

Read on to find more about this lovely author! 

Who or what inspires and motivates you to write?

Aha, I wasn't really into writing ( or never considered it as something serious) until I attended a workshop for students where we were given a glimpse of the life of reporters and editors. That really set me into the world of writing. 

 And then came my friend who encouraged me to write a Indian Historical fiction. My parents support me too, and when people around are optimistic, you always want to do something new and interesting!

What genre do you love (to read/write) the Most and why?

I love to read classics and anything romantic! Here on wattpad all the books I read are either under Romance or Historical Fiction. 

 You see, reading and writing Historical Fiction is fun because you get to know so much about a culture and the people's mindset in that time period. A girl living in the Victorian era must be really different from a one living in 2020 XD. So yeah, you get to do a lot of research, and learn a lot!

Which character in your book closely fits your personality? 

Āryamnā! Well, I know he is a man, but I go around saying to my wattpad friends that he is my male version. I am strict and very practical on the outside, but in my close circle I can get very mischievous! 

 Also, I tend to be overprotective, like Āryamnā!

 Is there any scene you particularly enjoyed writing in your book?

Yes! In chapter Ponds and Anklets I wrote a scene where Āryamnā pushes Ishvarā into a pond. I will not go further and spoil the chapter but yes, writing that scene was fun!

What do you look for in a story?

I look for either a whole new plot which none have explored in the past(not a cliche) or if the book is based on some stereotypes or cliched, then the author must bend it in some way. 

 But I am saying you– I love male characters who are shy and reserved. I love Egypt and anything ancient. So if you can mix all these, I am going to spam the book's comments section with love!

What is your strongest point in writing? What advice would you like to give fellow writers struggling in that category?

My strongest point? I can write the descriptions really well. Specially the scenes of climax. I play with the emotions! 

 Writers out there, who feel like they don't have a good vocabulary and that's why they cannot write the scenes well, believe me, vocabulary is not the primary reason. If you ask me to write something on Cinderella I will end up writing some nonsense. Because, I cannot feel it well.

 Whatever you write, you must feel; try to think like the characters and just dive into it. This can get difficult while writing the negative, darker scenes, but I assure you, it will pay off well. Music helps a lot while writing! 

 What is something you have improved in your writing over time?

Handling punctuations....man I used to put commas wherever I wanted them to be! I just didn't know the rules! 

 Later on, after reading some books and revising the rules of grammar, I learned the correct way to use commas

It was fun to take your interview! Best of luck and keep shining!

P.S I hope you guys enjoyed reading this!

Interviewer: Evil Bunny