Date Night

We played video games for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Mario Kart was our favourite, we both got very competitive and never stopped laughing.

It felt so natural, chilling in my flat with Jeffrey on a Saturday Afternoon. 

We decided to go out for a meal rather than live off take away. 

I took him to my favourite little restaurant 20 minutes away. It was quaint and private, I hoped we wouldn't be disturbed by any fan girls as the clientele were usually older.

I wore a red floury dress that clung to my curves. Jeffrey wore jeans and a crisp white shirt, just the sight of him made my stomach flip. 

He placed his hand on the small of my back as he lead me through the restaurant door. My weak spot, but he found it so easily. 

"I like this place" he smirked, I couldn't help but smile at the sight of his smile. 

"It's one of my favourites" I told him. 

A waiter showed us to our table, Jeffrey linked his fingers through mine as we followed. 

We were seated next to the fire place, the lights were dimmed slightly and there was a candle on the table. It was magical.

Jeffrey smiled across at me and stoked my hand that rested on the table.

"This is perfect" he grinned,

"It is isn't it" I blushed

"Can I be completely honest and vulnerable with you doll?" Jeffrey asked

I nodded, nervous for what he was about to confess.

"I have never felt this way in my entire life" He was staring right at me as he said it, but blushed and let his gaze fall to our entwined fingers.

"How do you feel?" I asked, unsure if I was pushing him out of his comfort zone.

"Alive" he beamed, this time I blushed "You make me feel young, free, adventurous, unstoppable, I feel like I could do anything when I'm with you"

"Jeffrey..." I started, slightly freaking out in the direction his confession was going. 

"Don't freak out" he jumped in "I'm not about to declare my love for you" this man could read me like a book.

"I just don't want to rush into anything" I replied,

"I know" he smiled, and took my other hand in his "but I really want to give us a go"

"Me too" I blushed "it just feels natural" being this honest and vulnerable was so far out of my comfort zone, but it was exciting. 

"One thing I do want to address before we move any further" he started, my heart was pounding with nerves "does the age gap bother you" he asked. There was almost a 30 year age gap between us. 

"No at all" I told him "I've always gone for older guys, age is just a number, but while we are laying our cards out....I do need to ask you something"

"Anything" he smiled, running his tongue across his teeth, I had to concentrate really hard to formulate words after he'd done that.

"I don't want to date you for the sake of it" I started and could see his confused expression "If we work in the long term, I'm going to want a baby or babies and marriage, you've been through that stage in your life, would you want to do it all again?"

"Wow doll" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his head "That's a hell of a question" he must have noticed my panic, "But yes of course I would want children and marriage with the right person....and I think that person could be you" I melted and no matter how hard I tried, I could not hide the enormous grin that spread across my face.