Part 22 - Cold Breeze

Going away won't change anything if you're running from yourself

-Joyce Rachelle

*******

"I think I like you Joon"

The words were ringing in Namjoon's mind. He just stayed still dumbfounded at her words. He never saw that coming.

"Joon", she called him snapping him out of his trance.

"Did you hear me?", she asked again seeing his numb response.

"Soo Ah, I am sorry. I mean I never thought of you more than a friend", he blabbered and rushed out bidding a bye to her.

Soo Ah looked at his vanishing figure and wiped the fresh hot tears streaming down her cheek.

#####

Three weeks later

3 weeks passed by in a flash and they were all having the last internal exam today. Hana and Jungkook often kept hanging out by themselves or with the others. Soo Ah became less talkative and she avoided Namjoon all the time, though he tried approaching her in different ways. Yuna joined Jimin, Kyunghee and Taehyung as they forced her, and then Kyunghee emotionally blackmailed her. Jin and Ara went on dates and always tried to find time to spend together. Hoseok signed for some dance events and Yoongi was busy composing for a new song.

"How did you write this one?", Kyunghee asked as soon as she saw Namjoon out of his exam hall.

"The paper was really easy Kyunghee, and you?", he asked with his dimples popping out.

"I wrote mine well", Kyunghee smiled.

"Soo Ah", Kyunghee called as she was walking through the corridors.

"Oh Kyunghee, how did you write your paper?", she greeted her while avoiding Namjoon's gaze.

"I wrote well and you?"

"I screwed it very bad. Anyways, it doesn't matter to me", she just flipped her hair.

"Soo Ah, can we talk?", Namjoon asked and Kyunghee excused herself sensing the tension between them.

"If it is going to be how are you? Here is your answer, I am perfectly well.", Soo Ah turned to go but Namjoon held her hand.

"Let's talk somewhere else", he dragged her from the there,

"Soo Ah", he held both of her hands.

"I don't want to talk about it Namjoon", she tried to control her tears.

"Soo Ah, look at me", he cupped her tender face with his palms and looked into her eyes.

"I am sorry for being rude that. I should not have said a straight no, I mean...", he started explaining.