Part 59 - The Heartbreak

Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime

-Bette Davis

*******

Hana's Pov

"Taehyung ah, please tell me. Is he eating anything? Is he well?", I asked him and he kept silent, scrolling his phone. I am tired now. I was asking him the same question so many times and he didn't respond for once. I know he is angry at me but I want to know how Jungkook is doing.

"Tae, please", I let out my wail and he looked at me. 

"Why Hana? Why are you caring for him now when you left him by himself? Why do you want to know if he is eating or if he is well? You will leave him anyways, so why does it even matter?", he spoke not looking at me. Every word from his mouth felt like a sharp knife in my heart but that is the truth. He is stating the facts.

"I just want to know", I blurted and he let out a chuckle.

"Go to him and ask him yourself if you are bothered so much", he spat at me and my eyes glistened. I want someone to understand me, I am alone in this battle. Please try to understand me too. I am dying too.

"Taehyung, it's just four days from now and I will leave him. For ten days, he has been ignoring me and I couldn't take it anymore. I am not able to sleep properly. I can't get my thoughts off him. I want to know how he is doing Taehyung. Please tell me", I broke down and he held my shoulders.

"Sit down Hana", he made me seated on the couch in his room and I wiped my tears. He got me a glass of water and I gulped it down. Dad wanted me to quit the job the moment I bought my wedding gown along with Baekhyun and his parents. 

I tried to convince him that I will do it for some more days but he was adamant about his decision. Instead, he asked me to work at Byun's if I am so interested to work. I couldn't speak anything in front of him. 

Jungkook immediately approved my resignation without a word and Mrs. Oh and everyone else bid their byes with love. The Social Media team was the best, they even got me a bouquet in the short period and the PR Team together wished me luck. Even the 11th-floor members bid their farewell to me. I felt so emotional that day.

And since then, Jungkook didn't even spare a glance at me.  He completely ignored me and behaved as if I don't exist. I tried to approach him but he locked himself in his room most of the time. I don't know if he ate his meals on time or if he is sleeping well. I am so scared if he is being hard on himself for a mistake he didn't even do.

"Why are you doing this Hana? Why are you killing yourself and killing that poor self too? Why?", he asked holding my hands and I just cried. I know I am doing that Taehyung, but I am helpless.

"I don't have a choice Taehyung. I don't really have one. I wish I could live with him all my life, have kids with him, and have a happy family. I dreamed about them. But I can't do anything now Taehyung ah. I got myself into this mess which I could never clear. I just can't do anything now", I sobbed and he held my hands tighter.