Approaching

The large table was covered in all sorts of documents, electronics, and refreshments. The board of directors sat patiently it wasn't like the new CEO to be late, unlike her former employer whom they all assumed she had some form of Stockholm Syndrome for. In there minds nothing else would be the reason for her appointing Oliver Queen as the new CFO, considering how he nearly destroyed his families company a few years early. Felicity entered the room with a large and forced smiled, Oliver in tow close behind her. The sight of the large table surrounded by angry board members surprisingly excited Oliver, no matter what he said he had missed working in his families company.

"Sorry I'm late. There was an acident that held up traffic." Felicity announced, stopping at the head of the table.

"A bike messenger cutoff a Big Belly Burger delivery truck and they didn't exactly see eye to eye." She added, attempting to lighten the already sour mood in the office.

"The delivery guy was probably more upset about delivering the food late, because we all know how the Big Belly fanatics react when their foods late." She raised her hands and formed claws with them, imulating the angry customer. The room remained uncomfortably silent. Oliver quickly picked up on Felicity's stalling tactics, he cleared his throat to hopefully get her on topic. Felicity accepted her failed attempt at loosening up the board members and switched to business.

"Anyways. I understand you all requested this meeting because you are concerned about some of the changes I've made." Her tone was as friendly as ever, she didn't see why she needed to speak any other way.

"Actually your idea to switch to the 7B format for The Garden project has been a resounding success, as was your idea to involve Wayne Tech in this new satellite program has yielded surprising results." One of the younger board members replied, thumbing through his documents.

"Well the 7B is much more suitable for this project, I mean whoever thought using it for The Alamo project wasn't exactly thinking clearly. It's clearly much more stable in a," An older board member cut her off.

"It's your latest endeavor actually that has us...concerned." He ended by looking to Oliver. Oliver quickly felt the weight of the room collapse on him. He was worried that the board would gang up on Felicity after she informed him of her intentions. Felicity looked over to Oliver, she saw that he was already uncomfortable but now he looked as if someone had lit a fire under his seat.

"With all due respect to the Queen family and what they have given us, it's just that many of us feel that it is best if someone with a better track record would hold such a powerful position." The board seemed to quietly agree, as if they were all communicating via telepathy. Oliver forced his anger away from reaching his facial expressions, he found himself unknowingly preforming his nervous tick. His fingers drummed one another, longing to grip his bow and guarantee him defense. He looked over to Felicity and nearly recoiled in shock. Felicity's fingers were slightly hidden, but they too were rubbing together as Oliver's were. He instantly stopped moving his fingers and sat up straight, extremely shocked by this revalation. He completly adandoned all attention to the meeting and instead tried to focus on one of the many thoughts that were rambling around his head, all involving this new information he had just learned.

"Well, I'm confident in my decision and I'm sure Ray Palmer would agree otherwise he would've appointed someone else as CEO." Felicity proudly replied, looking to each member.

"Well if his humanitarian acts have shown anything it is that being given something by Ray Palmer doesn't require much skill." The same board member added with a snarky tone and slight grin. Felicity turned toward him, almost too shocked to speak. Oliver snapped back into attention, lifting an eyebrow as he glared at the man. Felicity calmly cleared her throat and replied.