Tinder

The dark SUVs turned rapidly onto the street with no concern for public safety. The light rain caused their tires to screech on the asphalt as they gripped for traction. Both vehicles stopped in front of a small laundry service store. The occupants exited the vehicles and moved into the building, scanning the area for anything out of the ordinary. The men hastily passed through the store, moving past the main desk and toward the rear rooms. The frail elderly woman behind the counter lowered her head and kept quiet as the henchmen stormed past her. The group approached a single door, guarded by two men. The guards quickly opened the door and stood to the sides, making room for the visitors. The men stepped inside the next room suddenly surrounded by dozens of gambling tables with numerous patrons crowding around them eager to lose their money. The henchmen split into two groups, the first continuing to move toward the back of the room while the second spread out through the gambling floor. The first group entered the final room at the very end of the building, two men stopping to stand guard at the door. Ki Su Waan stepped into the managers office, his Triad thugs stood off to his sides each one step back in case of trouble. The owner of the establishment rose from his chair out of respect, pure fear straightened his posture. Su Waan's blank expression did nothing to help ease the nerves of the frightened man or his associate standing next to him.

"To what do we owe this surprise visit?" The owner began in his native tounge, his hands trying to keep from shaking at his sides.

"There have been a lot of rumors spreading lately." Su Waan began, slowly making his way closer to the man's desk.

"Rumors that might embolden some to question the arrangements they have with me." His tone was chillingly calm as was his demeanor. The owner of the gambling den shook his head and nervously replied.

"We would never dishonor our arrangement." Su Waan toyed with a few of the objects on the man's desk, as if he was allowing the man to come clean about his possible betrayal.

"Good. Because rumors are much like a wildfire." Su Waan explained, stepping beside the man.

"Once they reach a certain point, they spread without warning and burn everything." He finished and suddenly grabbed the man's arm, twisting it behind his back as he thrust his face onto his desk. The man began to breathe heavily as his free arm frantically danced in the air.

"Please I haven't told anyone about the murders I swear!" The owner pleaded, his voice shaken. Su Waan held the man down as he slowly pulled an acient knife from it's sheath on his belt.

"Fortunately the only way to combat a wildfire is to cut off it's life source by starting a controlled fire nearby." Su Waan gripped the knife as the man continued to shake beneath his grasp. The man pleaded again, catching sight of the weapon hanging above him.

"In this case, we start another rumor to drown out the other before it can spread." Su Waan finished preparing to bring the knife down into the man's head. The sound of gunshots rung out, causing Su Waan to freeze. Muzzle flashes and people running in all directions was visible from the two way mirror in the office. Su Waan watched as his henchmen fired at a dark figure quickly darting through the gambling den. Su Waan barked an order to the men near him, sending them out into the main room with their weapons drawn and ready. Su Waan looked back down at the man, his knife still held above him ready to plunge into the owner's skull. He knew now he would need this new rumor of what happened if you crossed him to spread more than ever. Su Waan grinned as he tensed his muscles and guided the knife downward. Within an instant the glass window behind cracked, a single arrow passing through it and knocking the knife from Su Waan's hand. Su Waan released the owner from his grasp and quickly turned toward the window looking for his attacker. The window exploded a second later, the Arrow crashing through it. The glass struck Su Waan, causing him to shield himself from it. Oliver quickly rolled out of his landing, arrow already on his draw string and target in his sights. He released the arrow, pinning a henchman's arm to the wall beside him. The man's weapon dropped to the floor, as Oliver quickly turned to face Su Waan. Within a second the Triad enforcer had began his lightning fast attacks toward the hooded hero. Oliver's reflexes took over as he moved and did his best to dodge the incoming blows. Su Waan guided his fists and feet toward his enemy, not giving him a second to recover from his entrance. The two men backed away from the desk, Oliver taking the opportunity to counterattack his opponent. His bow spun around after deflecting a punch and found it's way into the side of Su Waan's face. In the front of the building Roy and Diggle moved in, meeting some of the henchmen in the laundry area. Roy fired a single arrow into the washing machine next to the large group of Triads. He and Diggle paused as the henchmen raised their weapons to end this fight before it began. A moment later the arrow Roy had fired exploded, stunning the nearby enemies. Diggle and Roy instantly closed the distance between them and their enemies. Roy jumped over a group of washing machines and kicked a man backwards away from the group. Diggle stepped up to one of the men raising their weapon, his instinct taking over. Diggle grabbed the man's forearm forcing the weapon to aim down toward the floor, while he thrust his own pistol into the man's head. The man's head jerked back as Diggle pulled the henchman's limp body over his own, slamming into the floor. Oliver and Su Waan's battle raged on as did the firefight in the gambling den next to them. Visceral continued to pop up behind the slot machines near the outter wall, each time firing an arrow toward the Triad guards currently trying to kill him. Another arrow hit dead center of a man's chest, throwing him back onto a blackjack table. Oliver knew he didn't have much time left, if he didn't move on Visceral now he would either be killed or more likely escape. Oliver evaded another attack and spun himself around, guiding his bow into the heel of Su Waan's foot. The attack caught Su Waan off guard, the sudden displacement of his weight shot him into the air and gravity did the rest. Oliver watched as his enemy crashed into the desk behind him and rolled off onto the floor where he lay motionless. Satisfied Oliver charged into the firefight in the next room. The henchman next to the manager's office readied his weapon, he gained a clear shot at Visceral and wasted no time lining up the killshot. Oliver suddenly slid out of the doorway, bow drawn and aimed directly at the armed man. The arrow struck high on the man's shoulder knocking him back into the slot machines along the wall. Oliver slid under a nearby table, kicking it onto it's side for a fragile form of cover. Bullets riddled the tabletop as it slammed onto it's side. Roy grabbed the attacking man's arm and pulled him forward while kicking his feet out fron under him, sending the henchman face first into the floor. Roy quickly leaned back evading another fist as he guided his boot intonthe man's stomach. The Triad goon stumbled backward clutching his aching mid section as Roy capitalized on the moment. He jumped up and brought his fist down hard on the man's temple, knocking him to the ground. The sound of a gun cycling a fresh round caught Roy's attention as he looked to his left and spotted one more henchman, weapon trained on Roy's head. Two gunshots rang out and the henchman's body jerked back, colliding with a clothing rack. Roy looked to his right seeing Diggle, gun still held high and smoking. Before they could speak, the sounds of cars suddenly stopping outside drew their gaze.