Sapphire

I searched up boat terms for this, and writing colorblind people is hard so no

The salty ocean breeze blew through caramel colored hair, waves rocking against the side of the boat, thunder rumbling in the distance. The british boy cursed as in the distant sky was dark grey clouds, lighting up every few seconds.

Fish darted around underneath the shadow of the small boat, unaware of the oncoming storm. "Nick! Turn the boat around! There's a storm coming!" The brunette called, turning away from the bow of the ship.

The dark haired Texan mocked back "tUrN thE bOaT AroUnD," moving one of his hands from the steering wheel to make air quotes. "Chillax, bro, the storm is not that big, we'll be fine."

Grumbling, George looked down from the deck of the ship, shadows larger than normal darting underneath the ship. "This boat cost a lot, I don't want it breaking the first time out on the water." He reminded, looking back at his friend.

"I payed the insurance, we will be okay even if S.S. SapNap gets wrecked. Remember, I have a boating licence." Nick grinned, pulling out a card from a compartment hidden in deck.

Rolling his eyes, the brunette grabbed some fishing gear, giving a smirk to the other. "Whoever catches the most, doesn't pay for dinner."
_____________

"What's some stupid myths you've heard about this sea, Captian Nick?" George asked, his line not bobbing a bit in the small waves. Not that he would admit it, Nick was right, the storm had soon cleared up, not leaving a single cloud in the sky.

Grinning, the owner of the small fishing boat started reeling in his line. "Well, Georgie, many say there's sirens in the water, or merfolk, I can't remember." He states, unhooking the hook inside a small carp's mouth. "Hah, Nick 2, George 0!"

Rolling his eyes at the other's antics, George looked back toward his line, seeing the bobber go under. Reeling in the line, he smirks at Nick, guessing this one would be bigger than the others.

Giving a huff of disappointment, he reeled in his line to find that the fish got away again. His dissatisfaction was forgotten as distant singing filled his ears. "Nick? Did you turn on the radio?" The brunette asked, looking over to see an almost exact copy of his confusion on his friend's face. Shadows circled under the boat, causing both of the sailors to get away from the edge of the boat.

Nick and George both shoot their hands up to cover their ears before what they both expecting to be the mythical carnivores started to sing louder.

The hull of the boat sounded with thumps as the creatures pounded against it, causing the boat to rock more in the waves. A large lurch caused both the stumble, Nick managing to stay standing as George fell on to his back.

Both not wishing to get put under the spell of the song, the boys didn't dare to take their hands off of their ears, causing both their balance to almost be nonexistent.

The oceanic creatures were gone as quickly as they came, causing even more confusion to spread to the sailors' faces. George, albeit hesitantly, removed his hands from his ears, smiling at the relief that the cursed song was gone.
_______________

"I'm going out on the water, I'll be back before sundown." George explained, grabbing the keys to S.S. SapNap before Nick could say anything.

"Be careful of 'Sirens'," the Texan replied, a chuckle in his voice. The siren incident was played off as a joke, most likely due to the heat.

Nick laughed, chuckling out "He's gonna get hurt or something," as he listened to the rumble of the boat's engine drift futher away.
_______________

The sun barred down on the brunette, glistening on the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. The reflection of light on the salty waters would be blinding, if not for the white sunglasses perched on his nose.

Small splashes in the water catch George's attention, his chocolate colored eyes scanning the calm ocean waves. A shadow, similar to the shadows from days ago, darted away from where the british boy suspected the splashing was.

Crouching down, the brunette carefully slid the tips of his fingers underneath the surface of the crystal blue waters. Feeling a tad braver, George reaches further into the cool liquid, his hand now fully submerged.

A hand slipped into his, the shadow finally showing it's appearance. Jumping back with a loud yelp, George scrambled slightly away from the edge.

"Chill out. I'm not a siren," said the creature from the water, now leaning it's upper half on the deck of the boat, "I'm more of, I guess you can call it, merfolk?" It continued, waving it's hand around for dramatic affect.

The first thing the sailor noticed about the newcomer was the pale, forest green eyes, slightly covered by impossibly dry dirty blonde hair. Freckles dotted around it's face, a smirk still resting on the same face.

The sailor then stammered out a small "W-wha?" The brunette could feel his face flushing, as the merperson looked across the boat, before the impossibly beautiful eyes rested upon the name.

"Oh! You're S.S. SapNap! That's who the sirens where talking about! Where's your friend, Rose would surely love to meet him." They exclaimed, resting their chin on the palm of their hand. Seeing the look of confusion on the brunette's face, the merperson held out their hand, a smile on their face as they said "The name's Clay. And you are?"

Shaking Clay's hand, George murmured back his own name, still slightly shook from the incident. A grin on the other's face caused the brunette's heart to unwillingly flutter, and unnoticed by either of the two as Clay started asking questions, answering a few of them himself.

-----------------
[982]

Haha gay panic.

Might make a part two if asked. Also is Sap's girlfriend's name Rose, I just wanna make sure or I'll have to adjust something.