Trespassing

*A quick note. So I know I previously did not mention that this book had a lot of mature content. Sooo, I'm saying it now. This chapter and future chapters will have a lot of cursing, swearing, sexual content(just grinding mainly) and lots and lots of violence. So if you're not comfortable with those kind of stuff, I would advise you to stop reading. Not that I don't want you to read, you can skip this chapter if yoy want and read the less mature chapters but you really might not understand some things and you might miss out on some important points. Love y'all❤.

          The interior of the club was even more rowdy and lively than its exterior. There were disco balls and spectrum lights hanging on the roof, the walls were deep green and had African graffiti all over it. On the  stage was a round fair skinned man wearing a navy blue T-shirt, black crazy jeans, Timberland boots and fake bling. His long black dreads dropped low to kiss his short bushy beard. He was shouting and jumping about the stage while the audience of drunk and sexually aroused folks cheered him on. We walked to the bar and Tife slipped behind the counter. He grinned at us as he pulled out a bottle of Chelsea gin and four glasses.
"I don't think I should be drinking that." I said, scrunching up my nose at the smell of alcohol. Lee took a glass and downed it in a second. I stared at my brother with wide eyes.
"Since when did you start drinking?"
"Since I joined Nigeria's frustrating police force."
Abella took a shot, so did Tife. I left my drink untouched. Lee rolled his eyes and downed my shot. I glared at him and he smirked. His phone buzzed and he pulled it out.
"Ugh."he groaned, standing. "It's the devil in black."
Tife and Abella raised brows. I rolled my eyes.
"He means his boss."
"The worst D.P.O in Ikorodu."
"Just answer it."
He walked away and out of the club, shoving a scantily clad prostitute wearing a green wig away from him. I turned my attention to the round man on the stage.
"Alright, alright, now we gon' call out our battlers on stage to rough it out with their voices and mad ass music skills. But before that, I just wan' hype mah boss. Dah lady. Mama dah mama! Make some noise for  Chief. Mrs Ademayowa Bamgbose herself!"
The crowd cheered as a tall dark skinned woman wearing a plain black guinea outfit and expensive shoes stood. She was curvy in an elegant way and had streaks of grey in her jet black hair. A wrap of what looked like cannabis sat in her mouth and she had a playful smile on her face. I glanced between Chief Bamgbose and Tife. The similarities were clear. He had his mom's exact eye colour, skin colour and hair colour. They even had the same jaw line, but Tife was skinny and towered over people while his mom was around five foot eight at most. Tife also had softer facial features than his mother and his playful smile seemed more genuine than his mom's. Tife didn't look up one second. In fact, he looked like he was purposely avoiding meeting his mother's gaze while cleaning the counter top. Abella stared at her second drink like it was the most interesting thing in the world. I wondered what was going on. Was there something wrong between Tife and his mom? Did it involve Abella?
      The sing-off began and I foumd myself tapping my foot and bobbing my head to each song. It was down to two people; a giant of a man with skin as dark as charcoal wearing a fake white Louis Vuitton shirt, red crazy jeans and fake Gucci sandals and a younger boy wearing a baggy black hoodie, black jeans and black boots. The boy in black was good, real good. His songs flowed, the rhythm and rhymes were hot, he even stayed on tempo, something his opponent struggled with. In the end, the younger boy came out victorious winning a sum of fifteen thousand Naira. He didn't even seem fazed by the money that Chief Bamgbose handed to him. He just took it, stuffed it in his pocket and left the stage. He strode over to the bar and took the stool beside me. Abella was grinding on some random guy while Tife was attending to other customers. I checked the time on my phone. It was 10:29 pm. I looked around for Lee an I spotted him through the window by the wall across from me. He was still on the phone, leaning on someone's Range Rover. He had a bored expression on his face as he nodded his head occasionally.
"Hey Jared, nice to see you again." Tife said to the hoodie boy beside me. Jared nodded.
"The usual?"
Jared nodded again, keeping his head low.
"Comin' right up." Tife said, walking to the cabinet and pulling out a bottle of Tequila. He picked out a glass and handed them to him. Jared nodded and served himself, downing it in a second. Tife leaned across the counter, smiling at me.
"Jared's a regular here. Either participating in the sing-off or just sitting here downing glasses of whiskey or tequila." he laughed, "Abella's been trying to get him to speak since the day he stepped in here. Weird, huhn? He's never said a word. Only uses his mouth to sing. Strange guy."
I raised a brow.
"Are you really gossiping about a guy to me while he's sitting like two inches away?"
Tife grinned.
"Nah, I'm just trying to get a reaction from him."
I chuckled just as soon as Lee walked in. He had an annoyed look on his face and he groaned as he sat.
"Good talk?"
He hissed.
"That man likes stressing me." he grumbled. Tife passed him another shot and he downed it in a split second.
"If you go home drunk, I am not covering for you." I said, crossing my arms in annoyance. Lee stuck his tongue out at me and started a conversation with Tife. I checked the time again; 10:32 pm.
"I think we ahould be going Lee. Mom would be worried by now."
"It's not even 11 yet."
"Leonardo Oluwadamilare Adelanwa."
"I thought his middle name was Davichi?" Abella said, walking towards us. She glanced at Jared.
"Good evening Jared."
Jared nodded and sipped his drink silently. Abella sat on the counter, picked up the bottle of Chelsea and took a swing from it.
"Small small, Abella."
"Tomorrow is Saturday jare. Now, Jeff, I thought your brother's name is Davichi?"
"His name is not Davichi." I said flatly. "He just calls himself that to sound cool. His middle name is Damilare."
Lee groaned and took a sip of his gin.
"Embarass me finish o. Hear? We'll go home in a bit."
His phone buzzed again and he slipped it out of his pocket, rolling his eyes.
"I swear, if this man is calling me to-" he frowned as he stared at his phone. A look of horror appeared on his face and he stood, abruptly.
"We've gotta go."
"Why?" I asked, confused.
"Now, Squirt!"
I stood. Abella and Tife stared at him confused.
"You two as well, let's go."
"Wetin happen na?" Abella asked, getting off the counter. A man in all black walked over to Tife and whispered something into his ear. Tife blanched and jumped over the counter to meet us.
"Tell Ayé and his guys to block the back. You and the others should take the other sides." he said to the man in black. The man nodded and took off. Tife reached into his pocket and pilled out an ALFA DEFENDER 9 millimeter. I stared at him as he loaded the gun.
"Tife, what's going on?"
A gunshot rang through the club and the entire club went into a frenzy. I felt someone pull me to them. I looked up at my brother, he was not Crazy Lee anymore. He was Detective Lee now. He held his 2millimeter Kolibri tightly as he led us out of the club. Tife was flanking us behind and I felt someone grip my arm. I looked down at Abella who looked scared to death.
"This is why I always stay in the gardens. This is why. I can't experience this again. No, I can't."
I wanted to ask what she was talking about but, you know, life and death situation here? I chose to keep my mouth shut. We were able to get out despite the amount of people running and shoving each other. Lee walked over to the cars and opened one.
"Abella can't drive this way." Tife said, wrapping his arms around Abella's waist. She was shivering and muttering incomprehensibly. Her eyes were closed and her dark skin was pale.
"Then take her home."
"I have to stay here and take care of that." he said, nodding his head towards the club full of frightened and slightly sober people. I could hear sirens from afar and Lee sighed.
"I have to stay here to catch that maniac. I do not have time for this."
"I can't just leave my mom and my gang to deal with a deranged murderer."
"You and your gang are not the police. Keep him confined if any of your boys catch him before I do."
"I'm going in there. Let Jeff drive."
"The boy only knows how to drive a Lexus! You think he'll be able to handle the complicted system of that!"
"Well, I-"
Their banter was interrupted by the screech  of wheels over gravel. A blue Bugatti Chiron parked in front of us, the back doors swung open.
"Get in." a voice said from a speaker. It sounded girlish, elegant with a Texan hint to it.
Lee aimed his gun at the window of the driver's side.
"Who are you?"
"Just get in." the person said, exasperatedly. Lee cocked his gun.
"I said, who are you?"
The person was quiet for a second before the windows rolled down. The person was wearing a black hood and had his/her head hung low to hide his/her face.
"Jared?" Tife asked.
"Get in." Jared said.
Lee growled.
"Let me see your face."
Jared  sighed as he pulled the hood down. We gasped as a head full of long curly black and blue hair appeared. Along with a pretty heart shaped face, a pointed nose, beautiful eyes and gorgeous pink lips. Jared smiled a sheepish smile.
"Hey y'all."
"Diana?"
Diana, or Jared, sighed.
"Will ya get in now?"
Lee scoffed and grabbed my arm, pulling me into the back seat of the car. I got in and held Abella tightly as she sat beside me. The squad cars were already pulling in and Lee frowned as police officers trooped into the club. There were still a bunch of people outside and some junkies and underaged clubbers took to their heels at the sight. The police men payed no attention to them as they ran into the club, fire arms ready and loaded.
"Hey Squirt."
I looked at my brother. He had a sad look on his face as he stared at me.
"Tell mom I love her."
My heart stopped. Was the situation that serious? No. Nothing was going to happen to him. He was just exaggerating. It's just a joke, all a joke.
"You'll be fine Lee. We still have training tomorrow. No late coming, remember?"
Lee smiled a little, catching our little inside joke.
"No late coming."
He slammed the door shut and Diana took off. I turned and watched my brother and Tife run into the club, guns out. My chest tightened as I watched my only brother and best friend run into danger.
God, please protect him. Please. He's the only one Mom and I have left.
"Ya lil gal alright there?"
I looked at Diana who was staring at the road littered with now awoken residents in their pjs and half drunk/stoned clubbers trying to find their way home. I glanced at Abella. She was clinging tightly to my waist and still shaking. I felt wetness on my shirt and heard her sniffle occasionally. I didn't know what to do. I had never been in the presence of someone who was having a break down. I looked at Diana, her black and blue hair preventing me from seeing her face.
"She's still shaking and I think she's crying." I bit my lip. I hated positions like this. Wanting to help someone but not knowing how to.
"I don't know what to do to calm her down."
She was quiet for awhile, not taking her eyes off the road. She made a turn. I sighed and looked out the window. We were still on the west side of the estate. The occasional old houses with vines and creepers decorating the sides and roofs of the houses as proof. The West was known for the amount of old houses that were situated there and their love for music and plants. There seemed to be a florist shop or a vinyl store on every street.
"Rub her back."
I looked up. Diana's grey eyes stared back at me through the rear view mirror  but instead of the cold emotion of contempt that were usually housed in them, there was concern and something else I couldn't recognise.
"What?"
"Rub her back. She'll either fall asleep or just calm down."
I stared at her in disbelief. She raised a brow.
"Wha'? Fine, don't do it. I'll be rid of y'all soon anyways."
And Diana the witch was back. Great. I placed my free hand on Abella's back and rubbed it in circles. Sure enough, she fell asleep on my lap. Sleep talking once in a while, but her colour was back to normal.
"Thanks." I told her as she slowed the car down. She stopped in front of a small lime coloured bungalow with a brown slate roof. The front lawn was cut low and the grass on it were asleep. Diana opened her door and walked out. She opened the door of the backseat and motioned for Abella and I to get out. I tapped Abella soflty on her back.
"Abella. Abella. Wake up, Abella."
Abella stirred but didn't wake up. I sighed.
"Might as well carry her. Hurry, we ain't got all day."
I glared at Diana who returned the look. I got out of the car, gently pushing Abella off and then proceeded to picking her up and carrying her bridal style. We walked to the front door and Diana knocked. No one answered and Diana knocked again. This time we heard a gruff 'Who is it?', followed by the lights coming on, then the sounds of locks openings.
"It's Diana, Mistur Mike.".
The door swing open and a tall dark man wearing only a pair of Manchester United jersey shorts stood before us.
"Diana." he said, sleepily. "It's nearly mid night. What happened? Did he-?"
"Nah, I'm fine Mistur Mike. I was just at the club 'n'....well, somethin' happened? Would it be alright if we crashed at y'alls place?"
"Darling, who is that?" a soft female voice asked from behind Mr Mike. A short dark plump woman wearing an emerald night dress and a brown hairnet stood beside him. She clutched his strong bicep and leaned her head on his arm. Mr Mike smiled at her, lovingly.
"It's Diana, Girlie."
"Evenin' Missurs Mike."
Mrs Mike rubbed her eyes and yawned loudly. My arms were starting to ache from carrying Abella. The girl weighed like a hundred pounds!
"And you left them outside here in the cold with mosquitoes biting them. Come in dear. You'll ask them your questions later, Leye. Please, let them in." Mrs Mike said, shoving her husband from the door and escorting us into the house. Their living room was large with five deep green sofas and a  large wooden centre table in the middle. A table top Sony TV sat on top of a cabinet near the wall in front of the sofas and the lime walls were bombareded with framed photos of the couple and several young children.
"You can put that young lady on the longest couch over there. We would've given you the guest room, but my eldest son's fiancee is using it."
I smiled at the adorable elderly woman. She looked around forty seven or so, while her husband looked like he was in his early fifties.
"It's not a problem ma." I replied walking over to the longest sofa and putting Abella on it. She stirred, mumbled something I couldn't understand and drifted off again. Diana was on the sofa across form us, already asleep. Mrs Mike provided us with some blankets and I thanked her. I laid one on Abella, one on Diana and took one for myself. I lay on the sofa closest to the TV and sighed. Shouldn't I have called Mom to tell her what happened? I searched my pockets for my phone. Empty. Great. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

How was that? Pretty cool huhn? Please tell me if I need to improve on something. Thank you guys for your reads and votes and comments. I really appreciate it. Till next time.
Rita:- Thanks everyone! Byeeee!
Ben:- Pshh.
Be nice Ben!
*glares at him
Love y'all!