Tone Deaf Beethoven

I groaned as my alarm clock blared. Stupid clock and it's stupid ringing and it's dumb ticking. I sat up on my bed and groaned holding my head. Despite the Panadol Mom gave me last night, I still have a massive headache.
Stupid Panadol that didn't work.
"Jefferson? Are you awake?" Mom said from behind the door.
"Ughhh."
"Do you want some Bournvita?"
"Ugh."
"What of Milo?"
"Ughh."
"Okay." she said, chuckling. I heard her walk away and I lay on my bed. Monday, another school day.
Great, more 'quality time' with an entire school of senseless hormonal teenagers. I rolled out of bed and sluggishly got ready for school. I picked up my back pack, with a lot of effort, and trudged to the dining table. Lee was there already eating the Jollof rice Mom made for breakfast. I sat on the chair beside him and groaned, slamming my face on the hard wood.
"Rough night?"
"Hmm."
"It's obvious. Still got that headache?"
"Hmm."
"Eeya, sorry. Maybe you should skip school today."
"Hmm hm."
"Guy, you need to rest. You literally sat in your room all day and night doing homework, studying and doing chores."
I sat up and glared at him.
"You took me straight into the backyard for trainig immediatly we got back home. You PROMISED that if I went to that club, you would help me with my chores. You haven't helped me dust the television!"
"I've been busy!" he defended.
"The people of Crystal Point need to be saved from this serial killer."
Stupid serial killer not letting my brother have my time.
"Whatever." I said and sulked the whole day. I didn't talk to anyone as I left the house, giving Mom a brief kiss on the fore head of course. I didn't say a word as I walked to school, as I sat in class, heck! I didn't even answer a single question! Which is highly unlike me. I didn't even talk to the girls and that kinda made them pissed off. But right now, I don't care. I just want to be on my own with no stress.

----------------------------

          It was almost closing time and I walked out of the class, half dragging my backpack. I had the mind to leave it in my locker, but two things stopped me.
   One, Mom would kill me if I don't show her what we had done in school today. She still has this habit of checking my notes and I'm always like; 'Uhm, hi, sixteen year old that needs privacy here'. Besides, she doesn't ecen need to, my notes are always complete. Two, if I did, Tishe wouldn't have any space left for her stuff. She's been sharing my locker ever since hers blew up. We drew straws and I'm a lot horrible artist. I tried to convince her to share with Mide or Jordan and expected the others to back me up, but they only brought up more reasons why I should be the one she should share a locker with.
Traitors.
I can't believe I call them my friends.
I smiled to myself, friends. I never thought I would ever say that word. Or even have friends. In just a little more than a week, Tishe and her cousins were able to worm their way into my lige and, I would admit, my heart. Maybe Mom's prayers work after all.
"Jeffy!!!!"
I turned around and found the girls walking over to me. They got to me and smiled. Well, Tishe smiled, Gazelle still had her poker face on and Caitlyn was texting someone on her phone.
"You do know phones aren't allowed in school, right?" I asked her as we walked to our next class. The warning bell would ring any minute now and I most certainly did not want to get to class late.
"Let teacher catch you." Tishe saidand Caitlyn glared at us both before turning back ti her phone.
"Ready for Music class, Jeffy?" Tishe asked, as we walked into the Music Studio. She had a mischievous smile on her face. I groaned.
"No."
We took our seats in the front of the class. Caitlyn scrunched her nose and typed furiously on her phone. Our Music teacher Mr Okoro was yet to enter the class and everywhere was a bit rowdy.
"Aww. Snarty pants Jeffy o'er here is still pissed off that he got a C last year."
I glared at her but she waved it off with a smirk.
"Caitlyn?"
"Hm?"
"Help me bury the body?"
She looked up, looked between Tishe and I the grinned evily.
"With pleasure."
Tishe huffed, jutting out her chin and turning away. Her flair skirt was slightly shorter than before and it exposed her thigh for a split second. Gazelle rolled her eyes.
"Not you as well, Jeffy."
I looked at her, bemused.
"What is with this Jeffy thing?"
She smiled a little.
"You are in our little group now and we all have nicknames for each other. I am Zelle, Tishe is Tish, Caitlyn is Kitty and now, you are Jeffy."
"Uhm, okay?"
"Good afternoon, musical misfits and future drug dealers!" Mr Okoro bellowed as he walked into the studio. He was a real Falstaffian; tall, huge with a large pot belly, a deep baritone voice and a cherry demeanor. He was always eating and drinking something. Today he held a bottle of Bigi cola soda and a packet of chin chin in his hands. Nearly every student loved him, even though he spends more time telking us about his Walter Mitty life than actually teaching us.
"Alright, I know this is only the first few weeks of the term but....dum duh duh duuummmm! Class project!" The entire class grumbled. "Everyone has to play a short rendition of Fela Anikulapo Kuti and record it. Project must be submitted by the sixth week of the term. Meaning you have at least three weeks to practice and record. And guess what? It's a group project."
Cheers went round the class as everyone already started picking their partners.
"Ah ah ahn, I get to pair you up with your partners."
The whole class groaned. I prayed to God above that I would be paired up with the girls or Tife and Abella. I couldn't imagine being paired up with the other students in my class. Mr Okoro pulled out a large sheet of paper grom his back pocket.
"In not so alphabetical order," he said, "Jaiyesimi Elizabeth, Lawore Moyosola, Cole Mosope, Okoye Annabella and Jackson Roxann. Group one.
  "Okeke Princess, Peters Richard,Peretti Olakunle, Adeleye-Micheal Oluwatishe and Bello Jordan. Group two."
Tishe blanched. Putting Tishe in the same group as Richard Peters and Kunle Peretti was never a good idea.
"John God's Treasure, John Ginica, Taiwo Gazelle, Lawore Moyosore and Giwa Gbolahan. Group three."
Gazelle frowned. It was obvious she didn't like her group members very much. Or at all.
"Blossom Caitlyn, Adedare Oluwatomiwa, Bamgbose Bioluwatife, Isoka Tabitha and  Isoka Mariam. Group four."
Caitlyn groaned.
Wait.
That means...
Oh no.
No!
"King Ayomikun, King Morenikeji, Adetokunbo Imisioluwa, Adelaja Olayimika and Ahmed Mustapha. Group five."
God no.
Why?
You said you love me?!
"And last but not least, Bankole Sapphire, Daniels Diana, Ogunkoya Olamide, Jackson Cherry and Adelanwa Jefferson."
I bit my lip as my soul left my body.
I am so dead.