A Tipsy Walk Home

Day : 3

Sunday 3rd December

12:00 AM

It was a snowy midnight, the temperatures dropping lower than what's deemed bearable. The strikingly colorful lights of the shops and the club were vanishing, one by one.

Clutching a random jacket close to your body for the warmth, you swirl a plastic cup filled with whiskey in your hand.

Which is also your fourth and apparently the last shot for the day.

'Okay... I know I can take more than just four and not get drunk! I mean, what happened last time happened after I had-

Oh, wait...

How many did I have again?...

Never mind...

Guess I'll listen to Mr. Killua for a while...'

You shrug unconsciously as you watch Killua, the bartender, finally shutting the shutters of the bar. You take alternate sips from your drink that Killua had to pour in a plastic cup since it was time to close the club...

And the glasses aren't allowed to be taken outside.

You couldn't deny that you were feeling a bit tipsy already, your body buzzing with warmth and some sort of peace. You still don't understand why you were waiting for him while you could just walk back home by yourself.

But the 'drunk you' didn't care and instead, felt like humming a song, and so you do. Not noticing the white-haired man approaching you.

You purse your lips and close your eyes, letting your body sway to the soft tunes erupting from your throat.

"Hmm... HmmmHmmm~" you hum, not noticing Killua who had crossed his arms and held a smirk on his face as he watched your antiques.

Your humming eventually turns into the song itself,

"She tells him ooh love~

No one's ever gonna hurt you love~

I'm gonna give you all of my love~

Nobody matters like youuUUUUUuuuuu~" you sing till you open your eyes before abruptly stopping the song after seeing the man before you. Feeling embarrassed, your eyes wander literally everywhere to avoid his gaze at all costs.

"You sing well... Was that a lullaby for the baby?" He asks as he guides you to start walking.

You just chuckle dryly,

"Yeah... You're right-"

And that's when it hit you.

Your eyes widen and you stop walking, lowering your gaze to avoid him seeing your face. Thus causing him to stop with you, a concerned look on his face.

"H-How d-do you know?..." You let out softly, as your breath starts getting uneven and shaky with every passing moment.

He turns around completely, letting you have a view of his face but you just didn't want to look. Because you clearly knew that you would have to tell a lie soon...

At least not looking will make it easier.

"Yeah, I'm just assuming..." He stuffed his hands in his pockets again.