Rising New Hopes

Day 4

Monday 4th December.

7:21 AM

You sit up from your bed, head still pounding and aching. Eyeing the washroom, you feel grateful that it's rather close to the bedroom so rushing there to hurl up wouldn't take much time.

You shuffle over to look at your alarm clock and find it alarming that you were awake this early.

Flashback

"See you next time..." He said, not lifting his gaze to look at you for some reason.

"Be careful on your way back..."

...

'Oh! Yeah... He walked me back last night...' You facepalm from the memory, because something was bothering him for the whole while after he asked for your name. And you couldn't ask what it was because of the state your mind and body were in.

' I swear to God alcohol does some wonderful things...'

' Maybe I'll take a day off from it today...' You think as you get off your bed and do your morning routine.

Last night's hoodie and jeans are still on your body because of course, you were too lazy to change. So now your brain is making up excuses to resist the fact that you are actually lazy. Or maybe just negligent.

Doing your laundry was probably the most hated thing for you. No, the physical labor isn't the reason as it isn't very strenuous. But the people there are rather nosy, always peeking into other's lives for something that entertains them.

And your case was no different.

So you grab all your clothes and take the stairs down to the laundry area with quiet steps, before slowly peeking inside. Making sure that no such human pests were inside.

And to your luck, there were none.

You rush in and hastily put all your clothes in a machine, get it started, and then quickly return to your room. Feeling relieved immediately.

You prepare some tea for yourself before plopping down on your sofa to enjoy it comfortably.

' Why did I invite him in yesterday? I thought I was going to keep some distance...'

' Well, now all of that crap is out the window. So much for caution.'

You just shake your head and roll your eyes at your own thoughts. It was always like it was someone completely else that was always talking inside your head. And it got annoying most of the time.

' I don't even remember what I'd asked him yesterday. I hope nothing too personal.'

' Wait- Hunter Platform!' You jolt up and grab your phone hastily before searching up hunters. The name of a site called 'HunterPedia' popped up on the screen and you immediately search on it for anything about Killua.

A few IDs pop up and you view all of them, taking your sweet time. Recognizing his one was easy from the picture but he looked really young in it.