Cold Fear Strikes Again

Day 13

Monday, 13th December

6:28 PM

"Phew..." You sigh, taking off your jacket as soon as you close the door of the staff entry behind you. The familiar white room was brightened up as soon as you switched on the lights. The warmth making it even more comfortable for you.

You had finally gotten better and returned to work today, it felt refreshing. Lex and Killua were probably preparing for the bar to open at eight.

"Hey, " Lex calls out to you and you give him a small smile.

"How are you now?" He asks.

"Good, feeling much better now."

"Alright, so we are opening sharp at eight today. Tonight, this club is a complete night club." He chuckles, scratching his green head weirdly.

"Yeah... And Saturdays and Fridays too yeah?"

"Yep..."

"Okay." You smile, taking a seat on your usual chair.

Lex nods before leaving the room.

BUZZ...

Your phone vibrates from your pocket and you pull it out and almost roll your eyes at the caller ID.

"Hey..."

"Yes... Killua..." You sigh sarcastically, rolling your eyes again with a smile.

"You reached yet?"

"Yeah, just a few minutes ago."

"Okay, I asked cuz I'm not there..."

"I know... WAIT- WHAT?! WHERE ARE YOU?" You screech into the phone and walk over to the bar, expecting to see him polishing some glasses with a phone clutched between his ear and his shoulder, but instead, you are met with a busy Lex preparing for the club to open.

"I'm on a mission, it's nothing much. If things go well, I'll be back in a couple of days." He sighs and you couldn't help but feel worried. Sure, he is a hunter, a pro at that. But that doesn't mean everything is going to be perfectly fine. Missions are surely risky.

"What about the club?" You ask, still wondering what the mission could be.

"Ah... I'm sure Lex and you can take care of that. I've known Lex for a while now, dude's super passionate about being a bartender." He chuckles.

"Mhm, okay then..." You mumble, feeling quite down already. It's undeniable that you have been feeling a bit better from the past week. It seems like such a short time but it feels as though you've known Killua for years now. Like some sort of strange comfort giving you ease through this tough time.

"Hey... Uh..." His voice comes through along with the noise of something shuffling and you realize the line wasn't dead yet.

"Hm?"

"I'll... Uh... call you once in a while if that's better?..." He utters and you smile slightly, picturing him scratching the back of his head unsurely.

"Sure."

"Yup okay... Bye..." He hangs up and as if on cue, Lex walks in.