Doors To Small Joys

Day 5

Tuesday 5th December

12:05 AM

"Let's Go..." He motions you to walk with him and you follow, walking with caution on the snowy ground.

The closing of the club's shutters tonight has marked the completion of your first day. It was calm, you had set alarms for every thirty minutes during the time span of your job so that you wouldn't stay drifted off in your mind. Which you knew would obviously happen since you were rather... careless.

Killua spent his break in the room with you, sharing small talk every now and then. Lex though didn't have a break, he had left earlier than killua and you.

"What are you thinking about?" Killua glances at you for a moment and you just shrug.

"Nothing, just thinking about how calm this new job is..." You smile, feeling sincerely pleased by it.

"So, you won't let me drink anymore?" You giggle lightly and he just shrugs, maintaining his blank face.

"I could let you have a bit when we walk back after the job, but that depends..." He shrugs nonchalantly and you nod with a smile.

"So then can I get a whole bottle for free?" You suggest, causing him to scoff.

"Why not make it two then?"

"The more the merrier..." You mumble looking straight, causing him to give you a flat look.

"No more than four shots, and no more 'buts' " he says sternly, and you just sigh in defeat.

‘ Killua Zoldyck...’

‘ Wait a second... He's a hunter right?’

You don't realize that you had slowed your pace and now he was walking in front of you.

"Uh- wait!" You pick up your speed and reach back up beside him and he just looks at you with an eyebrow raised.

"Actually... Aren't you a hunter? Why are you working at a bar then? You... Have so many advantages that come with the hunter license right?" You ask hastily, almost running out of breath in the process. And for a moment you notice him flinching, probably not expecting it. But as always, quickly turns calm.

"I... Come here for time-pass, I'll leave when I get any new missions but that won't be anytime soon..." He explains, not sparing you a glance. You stare at him for a moment, trying to find some clue that he was lying, but fail miserably. Causing you to sigh again.

The rest of the walk was comfortably silent except for the couple of times that you shared small talk. Killua though kept glancing at you every now and then to make sure you were keeping up with him.

When the time came, you wave him off, but not without a steaming cup of coffee in his hands. It is something you offer him as a reward for walking you home but he never sees it as such.

For him, you going through the trouble of making the hot beverage was more enormous of an example. Example of the vastness of your heart, that is...

•••

{ Killua's POV }