Chapter 45

| Savanna |

The last few months of my life had changed drastically and I had experienced things that some people wouldn't even experience in their entire lifetime- I'm not even exaggerating. But never did I ever think I'd be 'dating' a very well know criminal who was so open with his organisation, yet so closed off. It was like you thought you knew him but you really didn't.

I was currently at a late cheer practice, it was kinda meaningless because we didn't have games to cheer for for literally AGES yet but the captions of the squad wanted us to be prepared before finals. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to just fall out of the rhythm of being a cheerleader. Through finals, nobody was taking part in extra curricular activities and that meant no cheer.

"Okay ladies! Let's run it from the top!" The lights beamed at us as we stood in the middle of the field. It was so hot out at such a late time in the evening which made it so much more harder to be doing flips and tricks in the air.

"No no no! Mari you're supposed to be the base for Sav! Lexi! Get over here!" Ashley was definitely the most tense out of the three captions but she genuinely scared me with how loud she could be. I glanced at Mari who looked like she was going to rip Ashley's hair out before I pulled her to me and we ran it from the top. Lexi and Mari stood beneath me as my base before I was flipped in to the air and low and behold, I didn't land in the most gracious of ways. I literally felt Lexi's hand grabbing my butt unintentionally because she didn't know what to grab without making me hit my face on the ground. 

Now you know why my knees were so busted.

"I'm so done! Mari, Lexi, stay here and practice, send me a video of the final result, cool?" Although, we didn't really need to stay and complete this part of the routine because it literally wasn't life or death, we were already in the rhythm, there was no point wasting such adrenaline.

After the girls left, Lexi, Mari and I practiced and practiced and practiced and let me tell you, we were MASTERS of this by now.

"Okay let's film it for Ash before she drags us back here at 5am" Mari said as she set up her phone against the fence that separated us from the bleachers.

"5 6 7 8!" And with that countdown, I felt them push me up in the air, I stood on one leg as they supported me before they pushed me up again; higher this time in order for me to perform the backflip. As my body fell, ready to be caught by the girls I soon realised I was not going to be caught. My body hit the floor with a thud as I winced in pain, you have no idea how badly that hurt, especially on outside ground. I felt a shocking pain run through my back as it literally throbbed before I found the courage to sit up with the support of the girls. As I sat up, my eyes widened at the group of men stood on the bleachers.

The girls must have seen them and were so distracted that they couldn't catch me in time.

I frowned as they helped me up, the pain getting worse as I felt a horrid shooting pain through my ankle, I must have bent it from the fall. Meanwhile, I tried to figure out who they were but because the lights were directly on us, they just looked like black figures.

"Umm, this is private ground! You can't be here right now!" Lexi called out, I'm not sure they cared about private property Lex. I for some reason couldn't help but focus on the man who stood in front of the rest, almost like he was the leader. His body shape, something about it made me have flashbacks of a certain somebody; who we all thought was dead.

"That's Samuel, Sav. It's fucking Samuel." Mari suddenly said as she nudged me. I felt my heart plummet to the pit of my stomach, I had this dark feeling within that just filled my body with fear / shock.