Chapter 49

| Savanna |

Jason was right every time he'd tell me how he always lived in the moment, he made decisions based off of temporary emotions and I feel like I had said the same things for months now. Making excuses for Jason 'picking and choosing' when he could be with me, or when it was safe to be with me. I didn't force him to be with me right? He did this with all the choice in the world, if anything, it would have been him to say no if it came to it, but he chose to go forward me.

And I knew he loved me, although, he had never said it, I just knew.

But I hated his selfish ways. He literally didn't think properly when some kind of challenge hit him, he ignored his feelings for me and just went in straight 'Jason McCann mode'. Well, I didn't like 'Jason McCann mode', I didn't like it all because it broke my heart along the way- without sounding dramatic.

Regardless, I made my way in to my house, the hallways were dark but that was normal since my dad was not home, yet again. My dad travelled a lot because of his job and that meant I was home alone a lot but it was okay, it kinda felt like I was living in a very large dorm room/house for college.

I was limping because of my ankle but also because of the severe pain in my abdomen and so before going upstairs, I headed to the kitchen where I took out a bottle of water from the refrigerator. As I closed the door, I literally did a double take noticing the figure stood outside of the kitchen window which was right above the sink- the person was facing the other way so I hadn't been spotted yet. I looked closer, hoping it was a friend of mine or even Jason but by the body language and the way it was just standing there, as if it were waiting for something, I knew it was nobody I knew. I looked closely at my backyard, looking over at the sliding glass doors seeing more figures out back.

My heart raced at the sight, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if this was Samuel and his men or somebody else, but most importantly, I didn't know if they were in the house too.

After bracing myself, telling myself I had to get through this because I was alone and I had to believe nobody was in the house, I grabbed my phone off the counter before slowly backing away. Once I left the kitchen, I backed myself against the wall before I shakily unlocked my phone. I found my way to my contacts, tapping on Jason's contact first before listening to the rings.

I tried again,

And again,

And again.

Nothing.

I pressed my palm against my forehead, pacing back and forth as I felt panicked take over me, hearing noises from outside but not being completely sure if that was outside or not, I could genuinely feel my heart pumping out of my chest.

I know I had just been through something similar to this and I did indeed get out of it, this was different because I was all alone in this house, I didn't have access to any weapon or self defence and the only person I knew could help, was not picking up despite the fact that I just left him after being at the hospital following an injury caused by the same people that were possibly outside my house. Did that make any sense?

I knew I couldn't stand around and do nothing. They didn't know I was here, all of the lights were off, I didn't drive in so they probably didn't hear Jason's engine either since it was outside of the gates rather than on the actual driveway and well, I was being as quiet as possible.

I knew if I left out front, I could risk being caught as the backyard circled round to the front meaning they could walk right out to the front yard and see me trying to leave. The cars were also in the garage which only meant noise. I had to be quiet. I had to let somebody know I was here without having them find me.