Chapter 6 - Milestone

Aravind & Mila

Aravind:
Nithya is 2.4 years younger than me. She is wise, smart and loyal. She is an avid reader and a trained bharatanatyam dancer. The way her kind and angelic eyes emotes is a sight to behold. While growing up, she could have been a spoiled brat, but she chose to be well – behaved, matured and responsible. She grew into a fine woman with a beautiful soul;  and the perfect blend of good genes.

Growing up with her, I have all kind of memories to look back. We could laugh this lifetime for the tricks and pranks we pulled on each other when we were kids. She had a knack for balancing studies and extracurricular activities.

After school, Nithya cleared her CA initial exam and joined classes for her next stage exam where she met Mila for the first time. The first day she came home with a bright smile and told us that she has met someone who was in sync with her. They have been close knit friends ever since. As they were getting closer to complete CA and I started working in a software company.

I always made it a point to pick Nithya when she was doing her articleship training and upon her insistence I would end up dropping Mila too. As years went by, I got used to their night stays; I was tagged to most of their shopping plans, movie outings, devotional trips, etc. So, the closer I hung out with Mila I was able appreciate that she is more than my sister’s best friend. Time passed and they cleared their exams, and I wanted to resign from my job.

Once Nithya cleared her CA my parents asked Mila if Nithya has been seeing anyone. They were shocked to know that their daughter was not. They always believed that myself and Nithya would have a love marriage like them. Meanwhile, I quit my job and was on leisure travel. I had to cut down the trip short as Nithya wanted to meet. She told me everything that happened when I was on my trip. Starting with her marriage talks through Mila moving to Bengaluru. I was baffled for both the mishaps. I spoke with my parents about Nithya’s career and they initially agitated but later accepted her choice once I told them that I wanted to move to Bengaluru and be a freelancer. They gave me a year to explore.

I moved to this room that Mila had made arrangements in Bengaluru. The room was nothing I expected though it was a great cost saver. And I knew she had put in immense efforts to find me this room which I appreciated. I was able to progress in my career  within 8 months with the help of many established projects. I started cooking up excuses to be with Mila by the end of 10th month. At the end of one year, my parents were considering matches for Nithya as she agreed to get married. After 4 months of analysing and scrutinizing, they fixed Nithya’s marriage with Srikanth, a CA too. Though initial preparations were carried out by my parents. I rushed back to Chennai to help them. Mila reached Chennai prior to the occasion for a small bridal shower at a resort in ECR. Nithya was all dolled up for her reception as I was on the run and Mila was right next to Nithya, wearing a grand golden lehenga which brought her red lips into the spotlight. As radiant as Sirius, the brightest star in earth’s night sky.

I realized I was in love. Afraid that I would screw up what I had with her, I decided to not breath into it. Only to accept that the precautions proved nothing. Not the fact that her glow forever illuminated my mind.

Watch out for more!