9

My foot was at the out of bounds line. I was about to cross when suddenly my hand began firing explosions. I don't know how I did it but an inch of me wasn't complying and I managed to shoot myself backwards and hit the boy. I snapped out of the hypnotization.

He looked mortified. He kept trying to re-brainwash me but my attacks were sharp and unlistening. I grabbed his arm and twisted it forcing it around his back and in one swift kick he fell over the finish line. I was congratulated as the winner but Shinso looked defeated. I bent down to him who was crouched on the floor.

"Good match, Shinso. You have one amazing quirk there!" I said with sparkles in my eyes.

"Apparently my villain quirk isn't good enough." I jerked my eyebrow.

"That's no villain quirk. That's one of a skilled hero! Imagine all the good you can do with that!" I reached a hand out to him. He grabbed it and I pulled him up.

"Thanks..." He muttered, me simply smiling in return.
~

The next matches where amazing to watch. I never realised how talented some people out of class 1A are. After Shoto had finished his match I had comforted Sero for his hash lost. Shoto seemed to keep attempting to strike up a conversation with me but I was so awkward about our past conversation I couldn't help but avoid him.

When I found out Mochi-queen was versus Katsuki, I instantly ran to Ochako. I knew she must be terrified beyond words. "Ochako!" she looked at me who was out of breath for running to her.

"Y/n? What are you doing here??" I ran up and hugged her.

"good luck, Ochako. Katsuki ain't going to go easy on you and neither should he but I want you to make sure you're safe the entire time! Do you hear me? Don't blow things more out of preparation than they are!" Her eyes started watering.

"you came all the way here to wish me luck?" I clutched her tighter.

"Of course... Be safe." She gripped my shirt in the hug before releasing.

"I have to go... But thank you, y/n. You're a sweetheart." I waved her bye as she left. I sat in the room alone for a few seconds when I caught the sight of spikey hair walk past the room.

"Katsuki-San!" I called out to the said boy. He turned to me and tsk'ed. "Good luck! Try your hardest and do your best. Kick some ass and win kick always." I smiled at the boy who looks shocked.

"you're not gonna tell me to 'take it easy on the small girl?"

"you should fight fairly regardless of gender or strength! That's why we're here!" he shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked like he was gonna say something until he was called onto the stage. "Well, see ya! Good luck."

~~

I watched the brutal battle and the noticed the crowd become dickheads to Katsuki who was fairly fighting the girl. I suddenly felt overprotective. But before I could go to Katsuki and congratulate him Shoto grabbed me and walked away.

We stopped in the same empty corridor. "Yes Shoto?" He gave me an angered look.

"you've been ignoring me!" I sheepishly rubbed my arm.

"Yeah... I'm sorry, I just-" Before I could continue I was cut off by the boy.

"Do you know how much that hurts?!" I gasped as I saw the raging tears in his eyes. His fists were clutched so tightly his knuckles where whitening. "It breaks me to see you all 'Good Luck' to Bakugou and then ignore me like I'm nothing to you! It's causing me distress not having you by my side like you always used to! What's the difference? Is it because you're finally understanding my feelings for you, you're deciding to ditch me?!" His cries we're like stabbing pains in my chest. His hot tears running off his face.

I ran up to hug me but a sudden force pushed me away causing me to stumble and collapse onto the floor. I looked up at his pained and angered face. Why was it like this? "Shoto?"

"Good luck for the next match." he spoke as his tears dried. Was he even remorseful for pushing me? Did my ego get the best of me and do I treat him like shit? Is this... My fault? Yeah.

"the next match? What about it?" A sinister shadow cast over his face.

" 'Todoroki, Shoto VS Aizawa, Y/n.' " My eyes widened in shock.

"N-no way..." I just sat on the floor in panic.

"See you at the arena." Is what he said before leaving me.

~
I idly walked around the waiting room. These pasts minutes I had been ignoring any type of comforting or advice. All I was think was now to fix this with Shoto? We had a fight and I had to be the one to mend things. In the first place, his distress was from his power so perhaps I should start there. I'll start with his power.

"Y/n..." I turned to see Papa standing there

a/n
I'm so unoriginal.