22

TRIGGER WARNING 

Dust, alcohol, and villainy; those three words were perfect to describe my surroundings. The idle but dead chatter, the clattering of shot glasses being cleaned, and the strong smell of alcohol being binged wasn't a surprise to the group of villains in their hideout. It seemed like a normal scene except for one thing; I was standing in the middle of it all.

I clenched my fists, taking a few steps back. My eyes darted to the backs of 3, one in a full skin-tight costume, the other, a girl with space buns In a school uniform. Was she a hostage? Why would such a cute little girl be in such a place? My eyes again drifted to the third, the one and only Shigiraki, the man who swore to take down All Might.

My opinion of him wasn't clear. I despised his look on heroism but also, I felt empathy towards him. I felt empathy towards all villains, what where their drive to drop so low?

Taking a few more steps back I shuddered at the sound of a male's voice directly behind me. "Oi, Shigiraki, what happened today?" I clenched my body up, I was so dead. Expecting him to look down and kill me, his body walked right through mine as if I were a ghost. In shock I lifted my hands to peer at the damage, nothing, I was dreaming?

"Hm? Oh nothing, Dabi, I was just visiting someone. Why ask?" The 'Dabi' turned towards the counter and snatched the remote, promptly switching the TV to the news station. The TV was a blur, discussing the same events which happened today at the Shopping Centre. I narrowed my eyes, wondering how my dream could be so descriptive.

I watched Shigiraki smirk a contrast to 'Dabi's' scowl. I had never seen his face before, neither had I ever seen the other 2 villains, and I wondered, how could I be dreaming of them when the brain can't make up new faces? "When will you stop playing with the girl? what's her name? Aizaya?"

Shigiraki grabbed the scotch glass he hadn't finished drinking and disintegrated it without a second thought. "It's Aizawa, not Aizaya, firstly," he cracked his dry knuckles, pulling himself off the stool and walking towards 'Dabi'. "And secondly," he pointed four fingers at 'Dabi's' chest, threatening a fifth. Dabi's face remained unnerved, watching Shigirakis's words curiously. "I'm not toying, she will be mine."

I creased my eyebrows, ready to hurry and leave this nightmare. I felt uneasy about it all, I felt scared but I couldn't bother my father by consoling him, he already had so much on his plate.

I decided to wander, I could find Katsuki and Shoto, then hurry and end the dream.

Wondering around the halls, my ghost-like arms brushed the paint-chipped walls, bopping my head to the poppy jazz music vaguely blurring. I began to smile, reminiscing on the visual aesthetic of the rotting vintage lair. Remembering most of these things are probably stolen and killed for, my joy plummeted, releasing my hand to peer into the next room.

Bitter nothingness.

It became clear that Shoto and Katsuki weren't here, and this time, I was all alone.

I slumped on a hall sofa, watching bugs, beetle's and cockroaches retreat from underneath the cushion. A spider crawled its way from underneath my ghost figure, sending chills up my spine.

'I'll kill All might, then the world will be a better place." The unknown voice echoed from a faraway distance. I turned my head to the pinpointed location, a dark and empty hall, the leading room, even darker. I turned away ignoring the pitifully insolent voice. no one could takedown All Might.

"Don't believe me? Just watch, just stand their pretty, that's all you're good for, little Miss entitled." My eyebrows creased in frustration, clenching my jaw to elevate the anger.

All might, weak and dying, blood is pooling from his mouth, his wound passing and rotting. The man who raised me, looked me dead In the eye and I could only stand there; uninjured and pleasant.
This is why I wasn't cut out to be his successor.

"We'll kill him and you'll do nothing, Y/n." Anger rotted inside of me, covering the sadness which I felt consuming my heart. It broke me and damn, it Infuriated me.

"Just shut up! I'll save him! I'll protect everyone! I'm useful!" I screamed on Instinct, standing up.

"Oh, but you're the insolent one, the arrogant one. Why don't you see for yourself?" The voice begged, dragging me closer and closer into the dark.

"I'm not stupid!-"

"Your mother would be very disappointed in bow cowardness you're acting, Y/n. She'd think you're disgusting, just like your dear cousin knows it."  And something within me snapped, I began walking steadily in the direction, anger consuming my logic. I wanted to punch someone or something.

Slamming the door open, regret had filled me. Complete eyestrain was all I saw; colors flashing too quickly to comprehend, my eyes felt like gauging out. A hand wrapped around my neck strangling me, getting closer to the satisfaction of popping my eyes.

Painless physically, excruciating mentally.

I imagined my eyes popping out confetti, instead, tarantulas crawled out through my sockets, my blood-curdling scream being blurred out by the excessive kid core music you'd hear at a play center.

And that's when I woke up. No screaming this time, just sweat embedded in my messy h/c locks. I looked over at the time. 5.00 AM. Shit, only 3 hours until I meet up with Shoto... And today, I'd meet his Mum.

A/n
Sorry for the gore-ish chapter, hehe
BUT IM BACK YAY :) after the next chapter, the forest arc starts
It took me a while to update I've had a lot of troubles :(
The next chapter was pre-written months ago but it's in Grammarly docs which I need my laptop for- I'll get it asap but my laptop is broken
Thanks for the support ily all, your support pushed me to continue so thanks bbies 😭💖