IV.49 Girls will be girls

On the afternoon of the following day – having spent the time until noon with Jake and his family – Natty and I were reclining, stark naked, on sun loungers near the swimming pool of the fancy hotel where we were staying for the time of our visit to the year 4157.

"But we don't have any bathing suits," I had pointed out when Larissa and Brianna had proposed that Natty and I might want to go swimming and sunbathing at the pool.

"Don't worry about that. You don't need to wear swimsuits around here," Brianna had reassured us.

We had spent about two hours by the pool when we heard the sound of approaching footsteps and a familiar voice.

"That is, unless you are prepared to act civil, at the very least," Brianna was saying.

"I always am civil. Mind you, I still think that genius girls from the past are way overrated," Victor retorted, as he, Brianna and Larissa entered the pool area. "Nevertheless, I do rather enjoy ..."

He broke off abruptly, gaping at a very naked Natty stretched out face-down on her sun lounger.

"Nevertheless, you do rather enjoy checking out my butt," Natty completed the sentence for him.

We watched a slow blush spread over the boy's face.

Victor had grown since we had last seen him. He was almost a head taller than Natty now, and even a bit taller than me.

"Um, that's not exactly what I was about to say," he managed, with his eyes still riveted on Natty's backside.

"So are you saying that you do not like my bum then?" Natty prodded, smiling all sweetly.

Did I mention that she could be rather mean if she chose to? Which is not to say that Victor did not deserve this.

"Yes ... I mean, no." The boy looked flustered.

"You've got to make up your mind, you know," I kindly advised him. "It's either a yes or a no, so which one is it going to be?"

"Um ..." Victor appeared to be temporarily at a loss for words.

Brianna laughed. "They are just teasing you, Vic. Relax, take a deep breath. It also might help if you could bring yourself to stop staring at Natalie's buttocks."

"Yes, that would probably be helpful," Larissa agreed. "If nothing else, it is rather rude."

Victor cleared his throat. "Uh yes, of course. Sorry about that, Natalie."

"It's okay, I don't mind," Natty assured him. "Please feel free to look at my bum as much as you like."

"Right. The same goes for me and my own bum, as well," I cheerfully added, turning over to lie on my belly.

Brianna rolled her eyes. "Please stop making fun of poor Victor, girls." She turned towards the boy. "Don't mind them, Victor. You know the old saying, girls will be girls."

"I thought that was, boys will be boys," Natty objected.

"Really? I never heard that version before," Brianna replied, looking bemused.

"Whatever." Natty shrugged. "So, why don't you join us, Vic? The water is nice and not too cool. There is an unoccupied sun lounger for you to lie on, over there."

The blush on Victor's face deepened. "Uh, I don't know ..."

"Go ahead and have a swim," Larissa urged him. "Getting your nose out of the journals and textbooks for a bit will be good for you, I am sure."

"Um. Alright, then."

We watched the boy kick off his shoes and take off his T-shirt. I noted that he turned his back to Natty and me as he stepped out of his jeans and underpants. He appeared to be in a hurry to lie down on the sun lounger, face-down like the two of us.

"So how do you girls like your stay here, so far?" Larissa inquired.

We proceeded to chat a bit about our visit with Jake and his family this morning and about all the things we had done and the sights we had seen.

With no little amusement I noticed that Victor's gaze still had a tendency to stray to Natty's behind. Natty appeared to be aware of that, too.

Eventually, she rose from her lounger.

"Let's go for a swim, shall we?" she proposed.

"That's a splendid idea," I agreed as I got up too.

Once again, Victor was looking flustered.

"Uh, perhaps not right now," he temporized.

Natty grinned. "Ah, come on, don't be a spoilsport."

She reached over and lightly slapped the boy's butt. That proved sufficient to make him get onto his feet.

The three of us ran to the pool, with Natty taking the lead. Victor followed, his eyes fixed on her jiggling butt cheeks. Just before we dove into the water, Natty half turned her head and risked a quick glance to confirm that the boy was indeed more than a bit turned on by that sight.

Later on, we were reclining on our sun lounges once more. Victor had left, reluctantly, and only after Brianna had reminded him for the third time that he had a class to attend.

"We are all very much in your debt, Natalie," Larissa observed. "Without you, we would now be, as one of the Seipra so aptly put it, 'living with the dinosaurs'. So, if there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to mention it."

Natty considered that. "I suppose you could tell me what will become of me in the near future. Are they going to grant me permission to stay in the 23rd century, with Cathy and Sara Jenkins and Mira Lamere? Or will I stay in my own native temporal era and never amount to anything in theoretical physics? Or am I even going to die soon or anything of that sort?"

Larissa frowned. "I am afraid we can't tell you that, Natalie. I am sorry, but we just can't."

"But why not?" Natty insisted.

"It would be unethical for us to do that," Brianna told her. Her smile looked a bit forced. "Is there really nothing else we can do for you? Perhaps something you would like to see, or something you would like to do?"

Natty thought about this for a moment.

"Actually, there is one thing I would very much like to do," she admitted. "It may be a bit illegal, though."

Brianna smiled. "I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you."

***********************

A / N : We are rapidly approaching the end of Book Four now. There will be three more short chapters, micro-chapters even. One of them is extremely short, but they need to be that way, and I shall post all three of them the next time I post an update.

As always, I am very interested in your feedback, so I ask you to consider adding your comments or voting for this chapter.