Chapter Five

'Hi, my daughter Cheryl has her first chemotherapy appointment today,' Mrs Blossom said to the receptionist, Cheryl and Toni were with her.

'Ah yes, just up that corridor and to the left,' the blonde, shorter woman said.

Penelope, Cheryl and Toni headed down the corridor and, as directed, went into the room on the left.

It was a private room, no other patients, with two nurses stood by the bed. The walls were a pastel yellow colour and everything else was white.

Cheryl hopped onto the bed with Toni stood right next to her.

'I'll pick you up once it's finished,' Penelope said, leaving the room. She had work to do so she couldn't stay.

'We're going to start by putting this small needle into a vein in your hand, are you okay with needles?' A young, brown haired nurse said. She had a blue tray in her hands with a needle and some other strange looking gadgets inside of it.

'I'm not that good with them, they freak me out,' Cheryl told them, reaching for Toni's hand.

'Make sure to look away from it and squeeze your girlfriend's hand if it hurts,' the older nurse said with a reassuring smile.

Cheryl looked into her girlfriend's eyes as the nurse took her hand and cleaned the top of it'

'You ready?' The nurse asked. Cheryl gave a slight nod in response.

She felt a small scratch on the back of her hand, but before she knew it it was over.

'That wasn't too bad,' she said, still holding her girlfriend's hand.

Toni smiled at her, stroking the top of her forehead.

———————————————————

'Cheryl, you need to wake up now baby,' Toni said, gently shaking the redhead's shoulder.

'What- what time is it?' Cheryl asked, confused.

'It's 3pm, your chemo has finished,' Toni said.

'We're just going to need to take this needle out then you can be going,' the younger nurse said.

Cheryl nodded, giving the nurse permission to take it out.

She started by taking the dressing off, then taking the small tube out of her hand.

Cheryl breathed a sigh of relief when it was out, knowing that it was over.

'Thank you,' she said to the nurse as she swung her legs over the side of her bed and hopped off it.

'Your next treatment will be on Wednesday next week, so exactly one week from this one,' the nurse told Cheryl.

After thanking the two nurses again, Toni and Cheryl left.

When they reached the parking lot, they immediately spotted Penelope's black car and hopped in, Cheryl was riding shotgun and Toni was in the back.

'How'd it go?' The older woman asked as she put the car into reverse.

'It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I slept for the whole three hours,' Cheryl told her, laughing.

'That's good darling,' Penelope said.

She'd never really been too involved with her daughter, but Cheryl didn't mind it that much. She'd prefer her mom to let her go out and do things alone than make her stay inside for her entire life.

———————————————————

Once they got to Toni's trailer, both girls got out of the car. Cheryl had decided to stay with Toni after her treatment so that someone was there for her all the time, her mother had to work so she couldn't do that.

Toni pulled out her keys and slid them into the door and with a click it was open.

'I'm starving, do you want something?' Toni asked once the door was closed.

'Yes please,' Cheryl replied as her stomach rumbled on cue.

'I have some donuts in the fridge,' the brunette said, winking at the other girl.

'Mmm,' Cheryl responded, sitting on the couch to wait for Toni.

She brought a big box of donuts over. Cheryl chose a rainbow sprinkle one and Toni chose a chocolate glazed one.

Toni thought about how much she loved Cheryl. It had been hard to let Cheryl go through the first treatment, Cheryl hadn't wanted to have it but her mother made her. It would be so hard to deal with when she dies, she'd been thinking a lot about that recently. What would she do with her life if she couldn't spend it with the person she loved? She asked herself this everyday.

———————————————————

Author's Notes:

Cheryl's first treatment is complete.
I tried not to make it too sad, hope you enjoyed.
My anxiety has been kind of bad today, so I did some extra writing, enjoy the two chapters in one day :)
Please vote and comment!! ❤️❤️