Chapter Nine

'You go first,' Cheryl said when they got to the top of the small hill that they'd found.

'Okay,' Toni said, putting her small pink sled on the ground and sitting on it.

Cheryl waited for her to tuck her legs in then ran up to her and pushed her off the side.

Toni's sled created tracks in the soft snow as it descended to the bottom of the small hill.

'Hey! I thought you weren't going to push me!' Toni shouted from the bottom of the hill, standing up and heading back up.

'Yeah well I changed my mind,' Cheryl joked, a smile on her face.

She placed her red sled down on the same tracks that the other girl's had made.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Toni start to run as she neared the top of the hill, so she quickly pushed herself down it before Toni could.

'No fair!' Toni moaned when Cheryl got to the bottom.

The brunette went down again, but she pushed herself this time.

'How about we go down together?' Toni suggested as both girls headed up the hill.

'Sure,' Cheryl said, stopping walking briefly so that the other girl could catch up to her.

When they reached the top, they both sat on their own sled and held hands, using their free hands to push off.

They went down much faster this time, since there was more weight. Cheryl was slightly ahead of Toni, so Toni crashed into her once she got to the bottom.

She became super dizzy, the world looked as if it was stood on it's head. She couldn't get up, so she just laid in the snow.

'Are you okay baby?' Toni asked when she didn't get up.

'Yeah, just dizzy,' Cheryl replied.

Toni rushed over to her quickly, taking her head into her arms so that it wouldn't get too cold.

'You're okay, I've got you,' she murmured, stroking Cheryl's forehead.

It wasn't long before the dizziness wore off, and she was soon okay.

'Do you want to go get something to eat and warm up a bit?' Cheryl asked, maybe the lack of food in her stomach contributed to how dizzy she'd become.

'Sure babe,' Toni said.

After dropping the sleds off back at the cabin, they went to the food court.

Cheryl had some soup and buttered bread whilst Toni had pasta in a tomato sauce with vegetables.

'I'm sorry about earlier,' Cheryl told her girlfriend.

'Wait why are you sorry?' Toni asked, confused.

'We had to stop sledding early just because of me,' she said, avoiding eye contact.

'Look at me,' Toni said softly, reaching across the table and tilting the other girl's head up slightly, 'you have nothing to be sorry for,' she assured.

———————————————————

'Oh my God, it's beautiful!!' Cheryl exclaimed as the dark sky was filled with all different colours.

'Almost as beautiful as you,' Toni said as she held Cheryl in her arms to keep her warm.

They were stood just outside of their cabin without any snow gear, so it was cold. But it was okay, they had each other.

Pinks, blues and greens filled the sky, it was even better than Cheryl had imagined.

After about 15 minutes, the colours began to fade so the girls headed inside.

'Do you want some hot chocolate?' Toni asked Cheryl, who was freezing cold.

'No thanks, I'm going to go in the sauna,' she said, getting undressed and wrapping a towel around herself.

Toni did the same, deciding to join her.

'Wow, it's warm in here,' Cheryl said as they both walked in.

'What did you expect?' Toni asked, laughing.

Cheryl opened the window so that they could look out at the northern lights, they were still there but not as bright as before.

'So we have completed one of your goals, now we just need to ride in a helicopter and sleep under the stars,' Toni said, so happy that she brought Cheryl to see the lights.

'Thank you Toni,' Cheryl said after a few minutes.

'What for baby?' She asked.

'Everything, just for staying with me through all of this and for bringing me here, I love you so much,' Cheryl told her.

'I love you too,' Toni said with a content sigh, opening her arm for Cheryl to rest her head on her chest.

It was true, they were in love with each other.

———————————————————

Author's Notes:

Another fun chapter!
The next one will be of them flying home, so probably won't be as good as these last few.
Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment!! ❤️❤️