Chapter Seven

'Flight number 315 with IcelandAir is now boarding,' the loud tannoy announced.

'Wait what??' Toni exclaimed, her mouth full of the waffle that she was eating.

'It's fine, they usually give quite a while to board, we can finish eating,' Cheryl told her, laughing at the whipped cream that was on her girlfriend's chin.

She reached across the small table and wiped it off with her finger, then Toni opened her mouth for Cheryl to put the cream back into.

It had been a week since Cheryl got the go ahead to stop chemotherapy and she was already on her way to Sweden to see the northern lights.

It was an eight hour flight from where she was in Rockland County, New York. Their flight was at 5am so they hadn't slept at all so that they could sleep on the plane. It was currently just after 4am.

Once they both finished their waffles, they put their trash into the trash can and headed to their gate.

After boarding the plane, they found their seats. Toni sat by the window and Cheryl was in the middle. They decided not to go first class because they wanted to spend more money on the cabin they were staying at rather than on the flight.

The plane began to move once everyone was on and had had the safety talk. Toni reached for Cheryl's hand as the plane made it's way to the runway.

'Are you scared?' Cheryl asked, realising how hard Toni was squeezing her hand.

'I've never flown before,' she told her, her usually caramel skin almost as pale as Cheryl's.

'You'll be fine,' she said, planting a kiss on the brunette's forehead.

When the plane reached the runway, it came to a dead stop.

Without warning, the huge vehicle began speeding up, going faster and faster until it felt like it physically couldn't go any faster.

At that point, the girls felt the front wheels lift, the whole plane tilting backwards. Before they knew it, the entire thing was off the ground, still tilted but not as sharply.

'You okay?' Cheryl asked Toni, who was looking out of the window.

'Yeah, it wasn't too bad,' she said, turning to lean her head on her girlfriend's chest.

———————————————————

The airplane was filled with a loud gasp, waking both girls up. They looked out of the window to see miles and miles of pine trees lining the runway, all covered in layers and layers of pure white snow.

It was truly magical.

The plane began to descend and Toni reached for Cheryl's hand once again.

The back wheel landed with a jolt, which scared Toni. The front wheel landed more smoothly, and the plane soon came to a halt.

———————————————————

'Wow, this is beautiful,' Cheryl gasped as she entered the small but cosy log cabin.

The main room had a double bed and a dresser in it. There was a TV on the wall and an open fireplace beneath it.

The corridor between the main room and the front door had two other rooms going off it; a sauna and a bathroom.

'You did a great job finding this place TT,' Cheryl said, sitting down on the white sheets on the bed.

'I know, it looks great,' she acknowledged, swinging the suitcase onto the bed.

Toni opened the suitcase and began to unpack, and Cheryl soon joined her after she'd fully admired the place.

———————————————————

Author's Notes:

I actually really loved writing this chapter, it was great to see them being super happy.
Sorry that this is on the shorter side, the next should be a little longer.
Please vote and comment if you liked it!! ❤️❤️