Chapter Thirteen

Weatherbee called everyone to the hall to announce something, no one knew what it was about.

Betty, Veronica, Archie and Jughead all sat together.

'It is with great sadness that I have to deliver the news that we lost two members of this school yesterday,' he began, no one had a clue what he was on about, 'as some of you may know, Miss Cheryl Blossom had been fighting a brain tumour for around five months now, unfortunately she lost her battle yesterday afternoon.'

The entire hall was filled with gasps, only a few people even knew about the tumour.

Betty went so pale that she could've been a ghost, Veronica couldn't move for the shock.

Although they knew that she was sick, they hadn't really accepted it and realised how serious it was, they tried to ignore it for as long as possible.

'Sir,' Chuck Clayton called out from the front of the bleachers, 'you said two, Cheryl is only one person.'

'Yes, thanks for letting me know that she is only one person Mr Clayton,' he said, 'unfortunately, a member of Riverdale High got into an accident yesterday. Miss Toni Topaz was riding her motorbike home from the Whyte Wyrm when she crashed into the back of a van. She was very intoxicated and it was officially declared an accident, it is presumed that she didn't see the van because of her high blood alcohol level. She was pronounced dead at the scene.'

Another round of gasps erupted around the room.

Betty looked over to Veronica and they had the same grim look in their eyes. They were both in tears, pure shock taking over, as it was for everyone in the room.

Although no one would ever be able to prove it either way, Betty and Veronica had their suspicions that maybe it wasn't an accident, but no one other than Toni would know for sure.

Either way, she was with Cheryl now.

———————————————————

Author's Notes:

So what do you think of that ending? Let me know :)
Please vote and comment!! ❤️❤️