To Be Home Would Be Beautiful.

I pull on my clothing that enables me to keep warm

I pull on my clothing that enables me to keep warm. I push my hair behind my back and step from the cabin that was given to me to change in. I'm sure they wouldn't mind looking but Harald saw fit that I moved to a different home.

I step from the home and step through the town. My stomach grumbles with hunger so I make my way to the hall where I could satisfy the beast that is my stomach. I take a seat and I look to Ragnar who is sat in his throne with his leg over the chair and his fingers in his beard. I am interrupted by a plate and look to King Harald. "Those suit you. Finest pelt that a queen would wear." I hum and nod, picking at the food and putting to into my mouth.

"Funny because I'm not a queen nor will I be." I sip the ale placed in-front of me. "Why do you want to go with Ragnar?" I ask and then look to Harald. "He looks like a crazy man." I side eye him and then look to Harald again. "He is... optimistic.." he says hesitantly. "Don't you look nice." Ragnar speaks and sits down in front of me. "But if you're going to drink my Ale I suggest you speak nicely about me." He looks down to my dragon ring around my neck and then sips his ale himself.

"So who is this man we are going to see?" Ragnar grins and looks at me with his piercing blue eyes. "King Ecbert. He is a Christian. Just like my friend who you have not met yet." I furrow my brows. "You are friends with Christians? They are stupid." I point to my temple and I hear a throat clear. I look up and see a man with brown hair and clothes that a Viking would wear. "Not all of them." Ragnar says. "This is Athelstan. He use to be a monk." He gestures and I look over to Harald. "Lovely." I stand and then cross my arms. "Is he here by will?"

"No. I'm not." Athelstan speaks and then I speak quickly. "I wasn't speaking to you." I say and place my palms on the table. "No. He is not Yrsa. It is my village and I will have who I please here." I let out a scoff with a chuckle.

"Whatever you say Ragnar." I push off and look over. "We are leaving now." He speaks and stands, walking towards the door. Harrald stops me and looks to me, gripping my cheeks with his hand. "I didn't free you. So don't speak as though you aren't captive. You are under me. Not your own earl or queen. I paid good money for you." He lets go of my cheeks and starts walking out. I rub them and feel the pain slightly. I don't react to it but look over to see someone watching in a distance. Bjorn.

I clench my jaw and step from the hall with a quick pace. I climb onto the boat easily, hopping in and look over to see Ragnar with a brow raised. "There is an opening for that." I nod. "It's easier." I say and take a seat on a barrel of some type of liquid. Probably ale.

Our adventure was ongoing for an hour now from the way the sun had shifted and the clouds were getting darker. We all start standing and trying to scatter to cover the boat but the rain had started coming down from the sky. Thor must be trying to see if we can be strong enough to get through it. I stand and pull at the ropes, tying them quickly to the ship. I use the strength I have to pull it. Climbing trees and such had made this easier. I pull my coat from my body and toss it. I look over to see Ivar struggling, soaked.