You'll Regret It.

I sit in the throne next to Ivar and lean onto the arm of it

I sit in the throne next to Ivar and lean onto the arm of it. Everytime I have seen Harald, I've never wanted more than to slice his throat open. His presence annoys me to the brink of throwing myself off of a cliff. I look over to Hvitserk whom is sitting with a group of men. I raise my eyebrow and stand up, fixing my skirt. I lean over and kiss Ivars temple. "I'm going to go work on the walls with the others." I look at him and he nods, sipping on his ale.

I step behind the curtains and change into trousers and boots. I step from it and step around everyone. I walk out to the construction and start working on it with the people who saved me. I look to them and help for what is hours. They are all leaving and exhausted. I take a heavy breath and nod once before making my way towards the beach, sitting down. I wipe the flyaways from my face and look at the ocean. I bite the inside of my cheek as it reminds me of before I was taken away.

I look up to see Harald walking towards me and takes a seat beside me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I clench my jaw and look to him. "Listen. I am warning you. My men are arriving with Bjorn and his mother to retrieve this place back. They are bringing some of the Christians back with them. You are strong. I suggest you leave." I scoff. "I'll stay and fight with my husband." I shrug and he chuckles. "You'd be stupid to do that. You did a miracle on Ivar. I think you'd be better as my wife." I let out a laugh and shake my head.

"You are a funny but sad man." I go to stand but he grips my arm tightly. "Think about the offer." I take the knife I had been working with from my pocket and hold the point to the lump in his throat. "Take your hand off of me. I will never take that offer." I look up to see Ivar and Ivar crosses his arm. Harald lets go of me and I put the knife up. I walk past Ivar and to the great hall where our room lies. I rub my wrist from the hard grip and sit down on the bed. I take the boots off and start stripping off my clothes. I take a thing of water and wipe my hands and face of the dirt and grime.

I hear the shuffle of Ivar and he takes a seat on the bed. "He said-.." Ivar interrupts me. "I heard him. You were gone for awhile but Everyone was coming back. So he left and then I followed him." I purse my lips slightly and step to the bed. "What are we going to do?" Je look to me and his eyes rake my body for a moment until they meet my own. "Don't worry. I am a smart man in battle. And you will be safe." I look to him and then sit down, pulling the covers over me. "Ivar. I can fight. I'm not a child." He looks to me and moves to sit up next to me. "Maybe you aren't. But what if you are with child." I look to him and he lays down after he takes his clothing from his body.

I sit up slightly as he lays down to look up at me. "Would you be happy if I were?" He looks to me and strokes my cheek softly. "I'd be happy either way." I stroke his cheek slightly, admiring his face. "Tell me a story of your people. You have the blood of dragons the tales say." I let out a laugh and kiss his lips softly. "The woman who could not have children bared a dragon egg instead. The gods gifted them due to a wrongly created woman. They could withstand the scorching fires from the evilest of places."