Prologue

[A/N] Music attached is the music mentioned.

Max Swinney is a polite man who lives a nice quiet life.

He isn't interested in men and he's even less interested in women so he'd never truly felt the need to go after the 'party life style', sleep around or be some sort of adventurous globe trotter. He was happy in his home, his little inherited house where all his grandparents trinkets and china and roses are.

A good evening for him is spent alone with a lovely plate of shepherds pie and his favourite Clive Jenkins orchestration 'Tarte au citron' playing.

He likes coasters under drinks and mats under plates. The television is mostly there so that the furniture has something to point towards but otherwise it was only acceptable to be made use of midday and is used exclusively to play history channels and the news and it's just fine that way. 

It must have been a stroke of madness that compelled him to go against everything in his character to ultimately find himself in bed with the with a young man too attractive for words and dripping with confidence, both things Maxwell was not used to, from the night before... While Max tries to convince himself he'd had a strong drink and that man had been really persuasive there was no denying how good it had been, out of this world, and how much he wanted it to happen again.

However, not only was this man a stranger but he looked young, he wondered if he was even an appropriate age. Max was turning thirty-one and though he looked something around the twenty-five year age mark he was absolutely not ready to be bedding some seventeen-year-old something. It was disgraceful.

The fact that he'd left his friends without so much as a word to wind up following the dark and attractive man home without much of a second thought was humiliating enough. He vowed that it would never happen again, because it should never have happened in the first place.

Lowell doesn't seem to be similarly inclined.

A rogue living haphazardly and without a care he assumed his mate would look different, with different parts, but he's not bothered by what he lands with, he only wants more.

It seems as though fate may have had some sort of mix up setting Max up with a angry domineering werewolf who knows nothing more than that Max is his soulmate and he has no right to sneak off in the early morning after the best night of both of their lives.

Lowell has no idea why his mate has left but he's sure as hell going to get him back and when he does he'll teach Max that running from your bonded mate is an impossible task. Luckily enough Max has left his shirt behind and that will do great for scenting him out.

Max has no idea what's heading his way... but he won't stand for bad manners.

[A/N] Thanks to my patrons ('・` )♡

♆ Deadnerd4life ♆ MidnightMystery2000 ♆ Alysse714 ♆ dianaluvsumore ♆ Nakiro ♆ sour_reads ♆ LadyQueen-Sama ♆ bec212 ♆ cherry_100 ♆ Orphylia ♆ Aylaxana ♆ midnightdirrty ♆ tarry_omlins ♆ lilay_lol ♆ darkabyss7851 ♆ Onibun ♆ direfaery ♆ Annabun ♆ Kasilo ♆ Nightstalkingheroes ♆ DaddyLauBourgeois ♆ eatsyounu ♆ Alaskan_Outsider ♆ hannah_khatter ♆ Echo_53