10 | 𝘜𝘚𝘑

IT WAS THE SECOND WEEK of school and Sakura had already built herself quite the reputation without even realizing it

To her classmates she was aloof, silent, a genius. She never really meant to be the first two things—she was usually a lot more livelier than that—but she was just so bored. The lessons were things she had already learned over a decade ago and the only thing that gave her the littlest bit of stimulation was history. English had stopped being a challenge to her and this was proven by the fact that she was able to have a full-length conversation with Present Mic the week before. 

It really wasn't her intention to appear to cold to her classmates either. Her mind was just full of thoughts that were more pressing matters than the trivialities of homework or upcoming tests or whatever it was her classmates liked to gossip about. 

She also noticed that they liked to gossip about her too, when they thought she wasn't listening. Sometimes it would be hurtful, mean jabs from jealous kids. Most of the time, they just thought she was some sort of genius from the amount of her high scores she'd get. Then there was the talk of her athletic ability, which she was also stellar in. She didn't bother to use chakra either and just performed as any average civilian would do (but faster since she wanted to get the activities over with). All in all, they thought she was perfect golden girl. 

It was weird hearing that... Back in the Academy the prodigy child was Sasuke, yet in here it was her

Rumors about her being Recovery Girl's assistant had spread too. Some of her classmates thought she was trying to be a hero, which earned her some envy. Especially from one student: the boy who sat next to her. He had been giving her glares for some time and she had an inkling it had to do with her status as 1-C's Golden Girl. 

Even now she could feel his glare as she explained to their homeroom teacher that she was to accompany class 1-A to their USJ field trip as a substitute for Recovery Girl, who had received a last minute urgent call from the hospital. 

Chibana-sensei, who was dressed in a light blue pinstripe suit, beamed and gave her the 'okay'. "You go and enjoy yourself then, Uchiha-san! Tell us all about the hero class, yeah?" 

Sakura smiled politely and nodded before leaving the room, Shinsou's glare disappearing once the door slid shut. 

A bus was waiting for outside of the building but the second she stepped out, she froze. Standing outside the bus was a familiar, scruffy looking man. 

Ah shoot! It's that Eraserhead guy! She wondered if he recognized her. Judging by the expression on his face as she drew closer, the answer was yes. 

"You." He said. 

She gave him a sheepish smile. "Hi. You... you must be Aizawa-sensei..." 

He grunted in reply. "You're the kid who broke the law. Where's the other one?"