12 | 𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘍𝘓𝘐𝘊𝘛𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘙𝘌𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘊𝘐𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕𝘚

IT HAD BEEN A MONTH since three of the most important shinobi in the world had up and vanished

IT HAD BEEN A MONTH since three of the most important shinobi in the world had up and vanished. Naruto, the temporary Hokage, was struggling to keep everything under control. With Sakura gone, the hospital didn't really know what to do anymore. She was the best medic they had, there was a huge gap between her skills and what the rest of the staff could do. Those with fatal illnesses or injuries were drawing closer and closer to death's doorsteps with her gone. 

Tsunade was still out exploring the world and she had been on the other side of the planet when she finally received the letter of emergency. She had yet to arrive, but they were expecting her soon. Hopefully the dangerously ill patients could last long enough until she arrived. 

As for Sunagakure, with Temari gone, the temporary seat for Kazekage was placed by Kankuro. With him being buried by all the unfinished work Gaara left behind, there was no one to take care of Shinki and make sure he was okay. He felt it was safe to take him to Konoha. It'd be a whole change of scenery for him so he wouldn't have to wallow around the empty mansion all day. He could finally meet his cousin, Shikadai, while staying with his aunt Temari. Plus, Kankuro felt a lot safer leaving him under the care of Naruto and Sasuke, two of the most powerful ninjas in the world. 

(Though he also considered them the most dumbest. Naruto, for obvious reason and as for Sasuke, the asshole should've known that running to Orochimaru, the pedophilic snake bastard with a collection of traumatized human-experiments, was a bad idea from the start. Like seriously. Idiot.)

Shinki had never stepped foot out of Suna, so seeing Konoha for the first time should've been leaving been an amazing experience for him or at the least, mildly intriguing. Don't get him wrong, the village looked nice, but lately he felt as if he was just drifting away from reality. His face was blank as he walked around with his aunt Temari and cousin Shikadai, but the inside of his mind felt fuzzy, like he had a huge cotton ball for a brain. 

His father... was gone. He remembered that fateful day out at the training field. Everything was fine, Kankuro was going to teach him how to use puppets and he was so excited about it especially since his father would be watching, but then there was that blue light and suddenly... His father was gone. 

"Alright!" Kankuro clapped his hands, his painted face breaking out into an eager grin. Shinki was feeling the same amount of excitement as his uncle, he was just doing better at hiding it. A few feet away from them was Gaara, who was watching with a small smile on his face. 

"First off, the Puppet Technique requires most of the puppeteer's attention and a shit toI mean, a lot of precise chakra control."  Kankuro began, only slipping up in the middle. Thankfully Gaara was too busy probably inwardly gushing about his son's first ever puppetry lesson from Uncle Kankuro to notice. 

"Like Uchiha-sama?" Shinki inquired. 

"Eh, not that much."  He replied. Though now that he thought about, Sakura would be a damn good Puppet Master with how superior her chakra control was. Hell, he was pretty sure even before she gained her Byakugou Seal, she'd be almost as good as him.