Roxanne

Rastel's mind went on overdrive as he saw the huge calamity coming his way and the first thought that came to his mind was to summon Amba from Myra's side.

But he quickly discarded that idea almost immediately because of one problem that was constantly knocking on his head even when he asleep.

He was a wanted man.

'Although I can't possibly stay hidden for so long, I should at least try to limit my use of Amba to stay low-key for as long as possible. And if it comes down to it, I can still use those ones'

With that thought, he waved his hands to form spells as he cast one earth wall after the other to create a barrier between the settlers and the incoming beast.

He had already seen the level of the beast was a high 23. If he was using Amba, killing it would be as easy as sipping tea but considering the girl it was pursuing was a player, he didn't want his identity revealed so easily.

Based on his own strength as a level 11, he was absolutely no match for this beast. He quickly constructed the barrier and the settlers huddled behind the cart in fear.

Myra while holding Amba in her arms wanted to head forward to meet Rastel but was held back by the old man.

"It is dangerous there, let him handle it."

She wanted to say 'But Amba is right here' but she kept quiet when she saw the golem's unconcerned face. Rastel had already communicated with him to stay back.

Looking at the earth wall barrier, Rastel narrowed his eyes in thought as he nimbly flipped on top of the earth wall with his tail swishing in the air.

The girl had noticed the barrier and looked at him with a face that showed she thought it was a stupid idea. The massive beast easily towered over the wall and could probably smash it down with a swipe of its paws.

'I know it's useless too but what can I do?'

He couldn't help but smile self mockingly at her expression.

He needed to pull the beast away from the settlers and Myra first so he had to coordinate with the girl. The beast's silence was a bit unnerving as it didn't even grunt or roar, just silently pursuing.

Rastel signaled to the girl his intentions. They would soon reach his location so after she nodded her understanding, he promptly shot two fire balls at the beast's eyes.

BOOM!

BOOM!

This garnered a reaction as the beast flinched. Even if it was far stronger than Rastel, as it wasn't a magic beast with any form of magic protection, it couldn't ignore a blast of fire to the eyes.

The beast still didn't roar in pain as it turned its eyes to Rastel and kept running.

'Who ever heard of a mage drawing aggro?'

With a chuckle, he jumped into the tress to the left and started running.

The beast changed directions with a swerve and pursued the escaping offender while the girl heaved a sigh of relief as she slowed down.

She was already tired after running for so long. If only her weapon didn't malfunction at such a critical time then such a thing might not have happened.

She looked at the contraption in her hand before looking at the direction the muan led the beast to and shook her head before putting the weapon back in her inventory.

She was about to pull out something else when she instinctively turned her head and looked at the group of NPCs that were staring at her from behind the earth wall barrier.