A nobody

Elia POV:
Hi, my name is Elia and I have a step-sister, named Mariko, and a step-mother, named Amily,I'm 17 years old and my dad died 9 years ago while in the army. My life is not picture perfect, my stepmother and stepsister hate me and I have no real friends but I'm grateful for everything that I do have, a home, food a bed to sleep on, it's much more than many others get. I live in sunny California, in my own small separate house behind my stepmothers mansion and work at a music store a couple of blocks away. My family is also quite rich, rich enough to afford a Ferrari and a Maserati, a mansion with more than 30 rooms and shopping sprees everyday ,me? I have a Toyota, but it's okay because I payed for it all by myself and it makes me proud, and my little house has a small kitchen my bedroom and a bathroom, just enough, I don't go shopping much because I'm saving up for Oxford, I've been saving up since I was a small little kid, my dad used to help me then....

• • • • •

'Wake up! You've been sleeping forever, I need breakfast!" My stepmother called me on my intercom in my room. When I checked the time I realized it was 7:00 am, may as well get up I have to get ready for school after.
"IM WAITING" my stepmother called again, I scurried out of my house and got in ready to make a large breakfast for the two of them.
In 20 minutes I made...
Pancakes, bacon, eggs (scrambled, boiled and sunny side up), toast, smoothies, fruit salad, croissants and sausages.
Once I had set everything up my stepsister Mariko came down in her silk handmade pink pyjamas and Amily in her designer white silk pyjamas, I suddenly felt underdressed, like every day, wearing my blue plaid pyjama pants and white t-shirt. They sat down "took you long enough, I thought I was gonna starve!" Amily sneered, I made it all I'm record time but I kept my mouth shut, then Mariko started complaining and yelling "ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME GAIN WEIGHT? ALL THIS FOOD IS FATTY AND FULL OF SALT AND SUGAR!". I stared at my feet as she went over and took a smoothie, still complaining about the fatty food, and how bad my cooking is. I stood and waited for them to finish, once they were done I started cleaning up, I was getting really hungry not having eaten because I'm not allowed until after but there is always food left which I eat, it's cold but it's better than nothing and I'm grateful. When I checked the time after finishing I realized I had 25 minutes to get ready and eat so I scarfed down a piece of toast and drank some milk then dashed to my room and picked out my clothes. I put on a lace top and some light blue jeans, applying a bit of mascara, eyeliner and lip balm. "Where are my shoes?", I thought to myself, I FINALLY found my red converse and slipped them on, checking the clock again I realized I had 5 minutes! I brush my hair while grabbing my bag and heading out, locking my house and running towards my car. I breathed out in relief when I got to school with 2 minutes to spare, I sped down down the halls and got in to my class just as the bell rang. I don't really have friends.... I sit by myself, sure I smile at people but that's it, Mariko makes sure, I don't know why she doesn't let me have friends, or I guess a social life, but it's okay I have my music. Music is something my dad got me in to, it always makes me feel close to him... Even though he's gone. I sing a little, but I'm not very good, I don't sing in front of any one either and I know how to play piano, I have a piano in my small house, it belonged to my mother, my dad bought it for her when they were younger, before she was diagnosed with cancer. I love it, it's one of the few things left of my dad other than his watch, pen and a key, witch I still don't know what to do with. The teacher walked in, snapping me out of my thoughts, I was in french and she was strict, I made sure I took notes knowing she could take a test out anytime.
•••••
By the time lunch came I was starving, having not been able to eat a proper breakfast. I took a vegetable wrap and some milk with a side of carrot sticks. I don't exactly love junk food, it tastes good so of course I eat it once in a while but when I think about all the chemicals they put in it, well it doesn't sound very good anymore. I try to eat mostly organic and locally grown, it's expensive but it's one of the things I splurge a bit on, I also enjoy cooking so I have fun making Amily and Mariko food even if they don't like it very much. I went and sat at a table in the corner by myself, nobody took a second glance at me, if they even did have the unlucky chance of looking at my face. I'm ugly. I do not deny it cause it's true, I've never had anyone tell me I'm pretty or that I look good other than my dad, but he kind of has to, you know? My blond hair is average, straight nothing special, I'm taller than the majority of the girls here but it doesn't really matter, my face is too pale, my blue eyes are the only thing I like but nobody notices them. I eat my luch in silence and when the bell rings I head off to my classes, going though my day as usual.

A/N
Elle fanning is who I picture Elia as so there's a picture of her up there
Hey, this is kind of a prologue I hope you enjoyed it
Xx Scintilllate