Chapter 5

Katya POV-

I'm running later to school than usual but I guess compared to most people that's early. Even though I couldn't sleep last night I'm still a morning person. The halls are still mostly clear, a few underclassman sit against their lockers, some are asleep. The cafeteria isn't open yet so instead of sitting on chairs we have to line the edges of the hallways. My locker is at the front of the senior hallway, Trixie's is at the back near the exit door. I wouldn't typically notice what was going on down there as there's a 90 degree turn in the middle completely blocking it from view. However today I can hear something going on back there. Usually when I get here the senior hallway is empty because we all drive ourselves. Our hallway doesn't get crowded until 2 minutes to class time. Normally I'd mind my own business but knowing Trixie's locker is down that way makes me nervous. She wouldn't be here this early right?

Peering around the corner, I don't see what I expected. There's a small group of boys that I don't know, younger than I am by then looks of it. They've surrounded someone, each spitting insults as they come to their minds. What they're saying doesn't even make sense. "What are you doing?" I find myself saying before I think.

They all turn to glare at me. "Nothing. None of your business."

I shrug, pretending to be unfazed, which I mostly am. "No. What are you doing?"

One of them laughs and starts sprinting down the hall before I can say anything else. The rest follow him, turning the corner, yelling all the way down the hallway. After a moment it's silent again. Trixie stands there, looking more annoyed than anything. "Have I ever told you how much I hate sophomore boys?" She remarks.

A smile finds its way to my lips. "You alright?" I ask.

She nods. "I don't really give a shit right now. I have bigger things in life to worry about than sophomores telling me I'm gay. I mean." She laughs a bit. "It's not like I don't already know that. I don't need them to tell me."

Okay, confirmation. Maybe not in the way we all wanted it, but we did get it. Is fate real? I think it must be. "Want to go grab tea before school starts? Why are you so early today?"

"My grandma insisted on dropping me off because of the rain and she had to go to work early." She replies. "Yeah let's get tea."

I smile and we start off down the hallway. I tell her about how my mom wasn't really mad and how I couldn't sleep at all last night. She's talking back and laughing but I can tell she's tired, I bet she didn't sleep either.

The little school store just opened so there's a couple of people getting breakfast and such. We pull two bottles of tea from the mini fridge and I grab a red bull for later. We pay and head to our usual lunch table in the cafeteria. "How are you so energetic in the morning." Trixie asks, rubbing her eyes.

I shrug. "Morning person."

She laughs at me as I point to myself. "You're so annoying." I smile at her and her little dimples appear under her lip. God her dimples are cute. "Wanna come over after school?" She asks. "If you want to."

"Yeah of course I want to." I reply and she blushes a bit.

******

I don't see Trixie at lunch because I have to get math help from a teacher. When I see her in English her face lights up. She goes to sit in her spot in the front, brushing her pink hair behind her ears, straightening out her glasses. She's such a little dork.

The entire class is boring and I find myself staring Trixie, glad that she sits in front of me so that she doesn't notice my stares. Every once in a while she adjusts her glasses again, I think more out of habit than actually needing them adjusted. She must not think the lesson is boring because she looks incredibly absorbed in everything being said. The class feels like it drones on forever and I can't wait to go to her house. Finally the bell rings.