Chapter 1

Your PoV

It's been an hour since I arrived here at the hospital to visit Ashley. The whole hour, I spent talking to her even if I knew she wouldn't respond. I tell stories about how my day is... How good it is going, but sure it will be much better if she's awake.

I can still remember that I promised to help her. I promised to help her to go back to the Philippines. Maybe if we had done it earlier, this wouldn't happen to her. I don't know how long I will be blaming myself for this. I don't even know if I will ever stop even if she'll wake up.

A tear escaped my eyes once again as I looked at Ashley. I am holding her hand as I am sitting on the chair next to her bed.

"I'm sorry... I know I should be helping you but even tho you're already lying there, you are still helping me... You know that this isn't the kind of help that I want, right? You know that I love what I am right now and that's all because of you. Ever since... You were the reason why I accepted the contract. And now, you are the reason why I still have to keep going."

"Ash... I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. I want to take it all back, I want to tell them that I was the one who was driving the car. But that means I will lose this dream too. They will hate me, they will surely hate me, Ash." I cried as I squeezed her hand and looked at her.

I continued to cry as if this never happened every time I went here. This is actually the everyday scene. I will never get tired of saying sorry to her. Because of me, she's here. And I will never forgive myself until the day she'll forgive me.

"Y/N?"

I snapped and looked up as I heard my name. I almost stopped breathing as I thought it was Ashley who called me, but I was wrong.

I looked at the doorway and saw Somi holding a flower and also looking at me.

I wiped my tears and composed myself but I know it's too late, she already saw me crying.

"Somi... W-what are you doing here? Are you visiting Ashley too?" I asked.

Ever since I visited Ash, this was the first time I saw Somi visit her. I guess maybe she's also busy too.

She nodded and walked to us after closing the door behind us. She smiled at me but part of me said that it was a sad smile. I wonder why.

"I knew you were here," she said.

"Huh?"

She smiled and put the flowers on the vase, the same as where I put the flowers I got from my brother a while ago.

"I saw your manager outside. Also, the nurse told me that Ashley had a visitor, I instantly thought it was you," she explained.

I just nodded and looked at Ashley again.

"Do you always go here?" Somi asked.

I hummed as a reply without removing my gaze from Ash.

"I guess Ash would be happy to know that. You never left even if you're an idol and have a busy schedule," she said but I feel otherwise.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you know... Whenever Ashley and I hang out together, she always brags about how great are you. She also told me how talented you are and how happy she was that you are an idol now. Even tho you are an idol, you never forget her, that's what she always says."

I looked at Somi and saw her only looking at Ashley while smiling. I don't even know what to feel. I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes again. I don't want to cry in front of everyone but Ashley.