CHAPTER 1: ITALY'S TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

Ariane woke up from her slumber when her phone’s ringtone filled every corner of the room.

Ariane immediately picked up her phone, and she checked the caller ID while she was still lying on the bed. And as soon as her eyes settled on the phone screen‚ she couldn’t help but frown when she read Christine’s name on the screen.

“What?” Ariane asked with so much irritation in her voice as soon as she answered the phone call.

“How’s your stay there? Have you explored the place?” Christine asked in a serious tone.

Ariane rolled her eyes in annoyance. She can’t really help but roll her eyes every time Christine acts like her mother, who can’t almost breathe when unable to check her out.

“Not yet. I still have jet lag. Maybe I’ll start roaming around the area tomorrow morning‚” Ariane answered.

A yawn immediately escaped from Ariane’s mouth after she finished her sentence.

“Oh, okay. How long will you stay there, by the way?” Christine asked again.

“One month, I guess‚” Ariane answered with obvious uncertainty.

“And then after that‚ are you going to fly to another country?” Christine asked for the third time, which made Ariane frown again.

Ariane could feel it. Christine has something to say. She’s not the type of person who will ask too many questions without any reason. But instead of directly asking her‚ Ariane just shrugged it off and let Christine tell her what she had to say on her own.

“Yes. I’ll go as planned‚” Ariane answered with a plain voice and moved a little to lay on the bed on her side so she could let her phone rest on her left ear without holding it.

Ariane is still sleepy. And it was all Christine’s fault and her lame idea of throwing a party for her the night before her flight, which was the reason why Ariane ended up awake all night‚ unable to rest and prepare for the punishing jet lag.

“Where’s your next stop?” Christine asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

Ariane yawned at their unchanging topic before replying. “Canada‚” she lazily answered.

A moment of silence enveloped them. No one said a word from the other line of the call, so Ariane checked the screen. And she can’t help but frown when she noticed that the call is still ongoing‚ yet Christine is unresponsive.

“Hey. Still there?” Ariane asked and waited for Christine’s response, but no one answered.

“Hey! Can you hear me?” Ariane asked once again, and this time‚ Christine finally answered.

“Yeah. Sorry. I just thought of something‚” Christine said in an apologetic tone.

Curiosity started to consume Ariane’s whole being when she heard Christine’s explanation.

“What is it?” Ariane asked‚ genuinely curious about what Christine was thinking a while ago.

“My boss promised to let me have a one-month vacation after a month or two‚” Christine answered‚ making Ariane frown even more.

“What about it?” Ariane asked‚ profusely confused.

“What if I make use of it and join you on your trip to Canada?” Christine suggested‚ waiting for Ariane’s approval.

Ariane abruptly got up from the bed with her eyes wide in surprise as she held the phone in her left hand.

“Are you serious?” Ariane asked in a loud voice, and she almost squealed out of excitement.